Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger by Eickhorn

Article about: Hi All, I was wondering if you can help me determine if this is an original SA Dagger ? Reason for me asking is that I have not been able to find any marking on the crossguards (neither outs

?

Default SA dagger by Eickhorn

Hi All,

I was wondering if you can help me determine if this is an original SA Dagger ?

Reason for me asking is that I have not been able to find any marking on the crossguards (neither outside nor on the inside of the crossguard)

I know that some of the SA Dagger have have not been marked on the outside but I was under them impression that all dagger would have markings on the inside of the crossguard ? I am wrong ?

On the blade which is not visible (hidden in the wood) I found what looks like an H with a "A" and a "C" or a "G" in it (please see pictures) Does anyone know what that means.

I really appreciate being a member of this forum and hope that you van help me.
    SA dagger by EickhornSA dagger by EickhornSA dagger by EickhornSA dagger by EickhornSA dagger by EickhornSA dagger by EickhornSA dagger by EickhornSA dagger by EickhornSA dagger by Eickhorn
    Many thanks in advance.

best regards

Thor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

This dagger is original

This dagger is also a mid period type transitional which will not have any markings on the outside of the crossguards which only Early SA daggers had the SA gruppe letter designation stamped on the outside of the guard.

Sometimes depending upion the producer there may be a marked guard inside..but mostly from mid to later period those 2 round circles you see inside the guards are mold injection points. This is very common.
    CAH is also a common tang marking for Eickhorn and a few other producers.

You have a nice mid production period dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Cor
    ?

Very nice transitional Thor.

I have 2 transititionals and they are my nicest.

Take care of it.

?

Congrats Thor. Nice mid period SA

Ron

Very nice Transitional, I believe i read somewhere (on this forum) that the CAH tang marking stands for Carl August Hartkopf who were a blade manufacturing sub contractor used by Eickhorn amongst others. Regards, Paul

Correct Paul

CAH and also CAH X and also CAH + Damast + H
    A large supplier of Blade blanks and also an SA Dagger Producer.

Oddly there is no listing of Hartkopf having this mark on their own blade tangs for their SA daggers and may have had their own designation.
    I would be curious if anyone would have a Hartkopf SA dagger they would want to share here and a tang marking.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Many thanks for the input Larry (and all other ) - much appreciated.
    So happy that the "missing" maker marks on the inside of the crossguards does not make it fake
    Best reagrds,
    Thor