Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger F. Herder

Article about: Hello, I have been searching for an SA dagger for my collection for a long time, with a good balance of price and quality, and it seems I have found one. The dagger is polished, but in my op

Default SA dagger F. Herder

Hello,

I have been searching for an SA dagger for my collection for a long time, with a good balance of price and quality, and it seems I have found one. The dagger is polished, but in my opinion, it is in completely original condition, and all parts belong to this manufac turer. Do you think this is indeed an original dagger in its original assembly?

SA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. Herder

- - ------- - -

SA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. HerderSA dagger F. Herder

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger F. Herder
    P
    Many

Yes this dagger is over polished especially the blade. The fittings in the next 5 to 10 years will gain back its patina
    The dagger is correct....right down to the Ace of Spades tang marking...yes go for it

Ace of Spades is H. Herder " Henrietta Herder and is family related.
    Other than the overcleaning and polishing the dagger is good.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you very much!

Larry... you might be a bit too optimistic about the patina coming back in 5 to 10 years. I have a few daggers that had the fittings cleaned when I got them 20 years ago... they look the same as the day I got them! "Back in the day", if you wanted the patina back faster you could put the fittings in a plastic bag with hard boiled eggs. The ferrous sulfide would react with the nickel and darken the fittings. My guess is that if you left the fittings in the bag too long they would turn black.

I like my daggers sunny side up and not rotten blackened
    I would say after 10 years the patina does " Begin " to show a change ....but not a full blown grey dull patina.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for the advice, but I won't do that If the dagger has already been polished, then let it shine on; it won't hurt the dagger any further.

Perhaps you know what the abbreviation F. stands for in the full name?

?

Default Henrietta, sister dagger. See your tang stamping.

SA dagger F. Herder

You have a beautiful dagger!
    Your dagger is from H. Herder (Henrietta), while mine is from F. Herder. Is 'F' the initials of a name, or does it stand for 'Familie'?

F.Herder
    Friederich Herder & Sohn

I believe correct me if im wrong H.Herder is a Daugher Company of F.Herder.

Friedr. Herder Abr. Sohn, Solingen | RZM M7/49 | Lakesidetrader
    H. Herder, Solingen | RZM M7/111 | Lakesidetrader

Regards, Rookie