Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Dagger With Green Scabbard

Article about: Gentlemen: I am a very elderly man and I have collected Third Reich objects for over 50 years. On two occasions, I have acquired SA daggers with green finished scabbards instead of the norma

Photos from the WAF
    Photos by WAF member Jonathan

SA Dagger With Green Scabbard SA Dagger With Green Scabbard

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger With Green Scabbard
    P
    Many

I have no issues with the authenticity of this dagger nor the green brown paint applied to the scabbard. This may have been a producer mixed paint job...or was a bad mix of pixels.

Yet as stated above that there is no supportive documentation that exists that green scabbards exist for forestry SA..which the SA color was ONLY brown.

NPEA scabbards do exist with a Chained officer mix of brown green tones. There is no center ramp application on this example above,,and the scabbard fittings appear to be nickel and not plated.

I like this dagger that is forsale on the WAF..and would add it to my collection as a painted scabbard variant type. Other than that..I do not see this belonging to any special SA formations or units. Regards Larry

Thankyou Alex for the link..that sheds light on this thread
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Oxydation (or chemical alteration) of the paint trough the years causing slight color change???????

Nice dagger! There was one on fleaBay just recently with this odd OD Green scabbard, quite bizarre, I think it might have sold before they pulled it? I'll go look and see.

Edit; They must have pulled it, not there.

How strange, it reappears today, very strange scabbard. Odd piece, junk or?

German Dagger Bayonet | eBay

It might be unrelated to this thread, here it is;

SA Dagger With Green Scabbard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2