Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger with a green scabbard

Article about: Of course when I bought this I thought why the heck would anyone paint an SA Scabbard green? I assume that some guy brought and back and decided hey what if I paint this green. It is a profe

Default SA Dagger with a green scabbard

Of course when I bought this I thought why the heck would anyone paint an SA Scabbard green? I assume that some guy brought and back and decided hey what if I paint this green. It is a professional paint job superior to many NSKK paint jobs I’ve seen. And thoughts other than the obvious on this?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger with a green scabbard   SA Dagger with a green scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger with a green scabbard
    P
    Many

You will need to post some pics of the blade and marker mark on blade for opinions. Green scabbard is different.

John

Unusual yes.

The only green scabbards I know of are those for the daggers of NPEA which was the National Political Educational Institute.

They were similar in style to SA daggers but obviously didn't have the same insignia on the grip, and also the etching on the blade was different.

Either that or maybe someone was colour blind between green and brown!

Cheers

Jamie

Its quite different and never happened during the Third Reich period.
    There is nothing NS related to a politically intended dagger that it should be green.

There have been some discolorations in hues that may have caused an anodized scabbard to " Appear " green looking but never green paint.
    Someone either took it upon themselves to create the idea that another sub political group was active..or the previous owner just thought he would like to see green paint.
    SA or NSKK Southern Pacific ? >_< LOL....No

The dagger scabbard has been devalued no matter how well the paint application and is not period or any period !
    I too would like to see a producer or RZM code and SA gruppe mark if any. Show us the blade both sides.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Like I said my first instinct was bull badonkey but I asked the question any thoughts?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Its quite different and never happened during the Third Reich period.
    There is nothing NS related to a politically intended dagger that it should be green.

There have been some discolorations in hues that may have caused an anodized scabbard to " Appear " green looking but never green paint.
    Someone either took it upon themselves to create the idea that another sub political group was active..or the previous owner just thought he would like to see green paint.
    SA or NSKK Southern Pacific ? >_< LOL....No

The dagger scabbard has been devalued no matter how well the paint application and is not period or any period !
    I too would like to see a producer or RZM code and SA gruppe mark if any. Show us the blade both sides.

Regards Larry
    - - ------- - -

Blade is polished pretty heavily
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger with a green scabbard   SA Dagger with a green scabbard  

SA Dagger with a green scabbard  

It’s all authentic, except the paint and heavily polished blade. My question WHY green!

Yes I show of commented on that fact ..truly it is authentic and yes the blade very heavily polished.
    Why someone wants to paint that green ? who knows but devalued it for sure.

Just an added note ..another one of these green scabbard examples can be seen in Ralf Siegerts SA book...which is also not known why. Take into consideration just because an odd colored scabbard appears in a reference does not make it correct..unless supportive information that a separate group existed is made known....then at that point the topic of green scabbards can be revisited

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Yes I show of commented on that fact ..truly it is authentic and yes the blade very heavily polished.
    Why someone wants to paint that green ? who knows but devalued it for sure.

Just an added note ..another one of these green scabbard examples can be seen in Ralf Siegerts SA book...which is also not known why. Take into consideration just because an odd colored scabbard appears in a reference does not make it correct..unless supportive information that a separate group existed is made known....then at that point the topic of green scabbards can be revisited

Regards Larry
    A case in point being the otherwise good reference on the SS that Tom Wittmann published a while back. Tom used a number of contributors for different sections some of whom I had contact with afterwords finding: 1) some were "right on the money" with good information that they could back up 2) some were clueless and just guessing (incorrectly) - but once it's in print it's there forever. 3) some fake "examples" in the book were "authenticated by publication". 4) likewise some of the published "facts" did not and will never have a period basis - just guessing and/or just one of the false narratives that unfortunately can be taken advantage of by future generations of fakers. Best Regards, Fred

The obvious implication of an olive green scabbard on a political style dagger is that there is some connection to the NPEA. This is something I have seen before maybe half a dozen times too.

That said, any connection of an SA dagger with an NPEA school is tenuous at best. The dagger is an SA all the way and unless there was some other indicia of a connection, collectors would have to regard the paint job as nothing more than a postwar embellishment to attract attention.

?

I would agree with Billy G in his comments also NPEA daggers bring a few bucks more than a standard SA so why not do it?????

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast