Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger By Jacobs RZM (M7/34)

Article about: Hi everyone can I please ask your opinion about this dagger,there is no scabbard for it that why the price is quite attractive at least in my eyes! Regards Rolands

Default SA Dagger By Jacobs RZM (M7/34)

Hi everyone can I please ask your opinion about this dagger,there is no scabbard for it that why the price is quite attractive at least in my eyes!

Regards Rolands
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger By Jacobs RZM (M7/34)   SA Dagger By Jacobs RZM (M7/34)  

SA Dagger By Jacobs RZM (M7/34)   SA Dagger By Jacobs RZM (M7/34)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger By Jacobs RZM (M7/34)
    P
    Many

It is transitional SA By Rudolf Jacobs. It has nickel crossguards and it has nice fitting too, so it is transitional SA, not parts dagger.
    Only what is shame is that it do not come with scabbard and blade had hard life.

Rudolf Jacobs is rarely seen producer and it is listed as an 8 on the McSARR scale.

Hi Finn ....what makes this dagger a transitional ?
    Would not the use of a early producer logo and the use of an RZM number be a transitional?

What are your thoughts on the late period production types and the fittings used.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry.

Yes you are right that it post to have early producer logo as well with RZM number. But here for this one why I say it is transitional, I belive it can come out of factory just after when they stop to use those producer logos with RZM numbers and it is higly possibility that factory has lots of nickel crossguards still what they can use to make daggers. So why do not use first those old crossguards what have left and only then start make new ones?
    Maybe I would should write it better, like it has some traits to be a transitional dagger. On my mind.

Later production types has RZM code on plade with plated zinc, aluminum or plated steel based crossguards.

Eagles are silver washed on transitional and late ones, and late ones has zinc based or silver washed.

RZM type grips do not have so soft lines than early and transitional ones.

Hi Andy ..that possibility does exist on the usage of early fittings on a late blade and since these guards are nickel and is void from any SA gruppe mark ...i would ask Roland if he could kindly ask the seller to peak inside the guards with 2 photos to see any foundry marks. The possibility may be early SS guards.

Its quite rare to run into both organizations that had unmarked early guards.
    But back to the facts of the late use of early fittings ...... Personally with me its something that I shy away from not being period consistent and whole. Having doubt is the after effect of purchasing too quickly when taking sometimes years to find that right dagger ..knowing its correct.
    The last thing I want to do is approve something that there may be doubt on which opens a pathway of a new type of acceptance.

The study of the Champagne decal on SS helmets went on for years as authentic until it was turned on its A** and exposed as a well orchestrated fake. These are expensive SS helmets ...a far cry from a dagger just a few hundred dollars possibly parted together....Possibly ..who knows.

I like playing it safe and remaining within what is consistent and the sure bet until more proof is available.
    I do agree on the use of sub contracted fittings ordered by those producers to complete a production quota.

Another question to ask is there another Jacobs example that has these fittings?
    Jacobs received their RZM license on Oct 1 1934 and has retained it until the end of dagger production..so that part is good news.
    Both the blade and the fittings I do agree are authentic and from separate ends of 2 production periods.

@ Roland ..I see no issues and agree with Finn the dagger has authentic fittings. If you can purchase the dagger for an inexpensive price to fill a spot in your collection...I dont see why not ..but dont spend alot or you could by a whole example instead.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

mpw
    ?

Here is one that is on Mr Wittmann's site which he lists as 'Transitional SA Dagger - RZM M7/34 (Rudolf Jacobs)' . The only difference I can see is the tang nut looks plated on Wittmann's. Shame the scabbard is missing as I guess this would have had plated fittings.

Rgd's Mark.

Thankyou Mark for posting the photo from Wittmanns site .... I always like to see when there is question if there are other examples with the same details. So this does give Rolands dagger some credence.

Its always good to be vigilant ..... and to always question everything to make sure before we purchase.
    We as the collectors still have to further examine future examples that all of a sudden appear in the market place so that nothing new is born that never was.

We have seen that in many threads here and on many of the sub forums here and throughout this website.

Regards Larry

Thank you guys this was really amazing response from you all with aspects from all sides,bad thing is cant get in touch with dealer,just not receiving any response from him at all,wonder maybe something happen to him,hope not!The price he is asking is 250$ that seems not a lot at all,maybe someone from USA want this dagger cause I am not going to phone them there!So one more time thank you kindly gents,and when time will be right Ill ask your opinion about dagger which is waiting for me somewhere there ,cause I know I will get one .
    Regards Rolands