Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger maker Daniel Peres

Article about: Just got this SA Dagger its a 6 on the Mcsarr list and an 8 in the SA dagger book by Ralf Siegert. Which is considered most accurate? Attachment 564130 Comments welcome.Attachment 564125Atta

?

Default SA Dagger maker Daniel Peres

Just got this SA Dagger its a 6 on the Mcsarr list and an 8 in the SA dagger book by Ralf Siegert. Which is considered most accurate?

SA Dagger maker Daniel PeresAttachment 564130
    Comments welcome.SA Dagger maker Daniel PeresSA Dagger maker Daniel PeresSA Dagger maker Daniel PeresAttachment 564125Attachment 564126SA Dagger maker Daniel Peres
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger maker Daniel Peres  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger maker Daniel Peres
    P
    Many

at the end of the day its a very nice SA dagger.I went to Soligen a few years ago,its just a village no factories but a great museum.

?

Its a nice Original early SA dagger, and having a 6 or a 8 on a rarity list is not that important.
    Important is if its an all Original dagger and even more in what condition its in.
    Does the blade still has its factory cross grain? or has it been polished? or does it have grey spots?
    If the scabbard is nicely anodized and with no dents or crushed ball?
    That is where you should pay attention to when you have a dagger like you have.

Bottomline is: are you happy with it?
    I think its a nice early piece!

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Its a nice Original early SA dagger, and having a 6 or a 8 on a rarity list is not that important.
    Important is if its an all Original dagger and even more in what condition its in.
    Does the blade still has its factory cross grain? or has it been polished? or does it have grey spots?
    If the scabbard is nicely anodized and with no dents or crushed ball?
    That is where you should pay attention to when you have a dagger like you have.

Bottomline is: are you happy with it?
    I think its a nice early piece!

Cheers,
    Ger
    Loads of original gross graining, just scabbard runner marks and one or two finger marks. Scabbard is sound, I am more than happy with it. This is the second one I have owned by this maker, the first was just a ratty blade with most of its grip, cheapest SA I ever bought at £40.

That Peres SA is a beauty. In superb original shape and as right as rain. As far as rarity, I'd say probably somewhere in between to 2, so call it a "7" and be happy! You found an Excellent piece!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    That Peres SA is a beauty. In superb original shape and as right as rain. As far as rarity, I'd say probably somewhere in between to 2, so call it a "7" and be happy! You found an Excellent piece!
    So its a 7 on the McRalf List it is then.

Hi Jenko,,,Nice Peres SA dagger....The grip looks to be fruitwood which is common with a few early Producers. The producer Peres started as a 7 on the McSaar....during that time of the compilation of all the SA makers...as more sightings and postings came about..those rare numbers became more common. The same applies also with Ralf Siegerts list..which the rarity will vary upon opinion and sightings of the author. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill