Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger, need some help

Article about: Hi, I have been offered this SA dagger. Looks good but the one side of the handle is darker then another one. Also on scabbard where the paint is peeled off, black paint is visible. Any help

?

Default SA Dagger, need some help

Hi,
    I have been offered this SA dagger. Looks good but the one side of the handle is darker then another one. Also on scabbard where the paint is peeled off, black paint is visible. Any help?
    ThanksSA Dagger, need some helpSA Dagger, need some helpSA Dagger, need some helpSA Dagger, need some helpSA Dagger, need some helpSA Dagger, need some helpSA Dagger, need some help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger, need some help
    P
    Many

I would not be too concerned about the wood tone as they do vary from side to side sometimes. Cant help what nature has created and what the producer uses.

The scabbard paint which I have seen before ...and not very common at all but appears to be what once was a NSKK scabbard painted over by a light chocolate brown paint. This color paint I have also observed on just a couple of past examples.

The blade has some pitting and the scabbard fitting has some plate lift which is all too common for late period SA daggers.
    IMO ...it appears that the NSKK mann may have been transferred back into the SA.

Much other ideas could of also happened with this dagger or even a reissue. Paint appears to be period IMO.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

either way, it is a beauty in my opinion!

?

Thank you Larry.