Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger by Remeve

Article about: Wondering if this dagger is in its original pieces. The blade is not in best condition, but to me it looks like all is there. All opinions welcome. /Jax

Default SA Dagger by Remeve

Wondering if this dagger is in its original pieces.
    The blade is not in best condition, but to me it looks like all is there.

All opinions welcome.

/Jax

SA Dagger by Remeve
    SA Dagger by Remeve
    SA Dagger by Remeve
    SA Dagger by Remeve
    SA Dagger by Remeve
    SA Dagger by Remeve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger by Remeve
    P
    Many

Yes its all there and the blade is as you say.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Would this not be NSKK instead of SA?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Would this not be NSKK instead of SA?
    Hard to say ...not knowing the original trail from the carrier to present..or could of been added. No photos have been posted of the dagger in the scabbard,..which doesnt mean too much either.

Kuno Ritter aka Remeve did not produce NSKK or it would make sense that an early anodized scabbard would of been produced along with it. There are many SA makers who did and did not produce NSKK daggers.
    I would expect a painted scabbard from the SA man or purchased from an SA Uniform outlet.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Shame about the blade, but if the price is cheap then why not. Rob

Thank u guys!
    Yes, its really a shame about the blade. A question: how much would you pay for this piece?

Jax

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hard to say ...not knowing the original trail from the carrier to present..or could of been added. No photos have been posted of the dagger in the scabbard,..which doesnt mean too much either.

Kuno Ritter aka Remeve did not produce NSKK or it would make sense that an early anodized scabbard would of been produced along with it. There are many SA makers who did and did not produce NSKK daggers.
    I would expect a painted scabbard from the SA man or purchased from an SA Uniform outlet.

Larry
    Let me clarify further as I wrote my post late last night.
    The Black scabbard order did not come about until 1936 well into the RZM age. .... so there were no early producers ..producing blades just with their logo ...but at that time a dual transitional logo.
    There are rare occurrences that once the 1936 order came about..that an anodized scabbard could be found by the collector ..from which the SA mann switched out his old scabbard for a black one.

The NSKK was very active prior to 1936 still using the brown scabbards. The NSKK was the motorized arm of the SA.
    Mostly what is found with early SA daggers are either hand painted or store bought painted black scabbards.
    I cant say for sure that the scabbard above on Jax post is original to the dagger..no one knows. Thats whats hard about this part of the hobby..that anyone at any time can add a black scabbard to an SA dagger and " Presto change O "...its an NSKK dagger.

Close examination in hand or greater photos of the dagger in the scabbard ...Might reveal some details of originality being married together during the 1936 time.

Now Jax as far as value is concerned ...reading through your past many threads and posts ..you should know the answer to that question of the many daggers you posted asking for authenticity. Surely you must of compared with other dealer sites ..minus their 20% mark up.
    We do not give out valuations ..unless absolutely necessary ..if its a high value dagger or sword ..that may be questionable.
    I think you could find that information out for yourself as you have already the ability to post these threads and navigate quite fairly on and off this website.

To find value = compare condition and rarity with other of the same produced examples. Find an average with what other dealers are selling them at and subtract their mark up.

Regards Larry

?

The blade is shagged and the handle cracked . $300 And I would not buy it at that I would only buy it if it were under $200. Rob

Jax...do your research and find the truth out for yourself ..Krytons thoughts are a matter of his own opinion on what he would pay for it and is not an authority on the subject. Your research will be the authority on the decisions you need to make. Dont settle for less from others ..just to get an answer. You will establish a stronger foundation in the topic if you reach out and do research.

@ Kryton ...do not undermine the community here as we are trying to teach about the dagger and its history...you either can contribute towards the subject ..or dont say anything at all.
    Do not supplant what I had just posted about value..just to gain post counts as seen with many of your posts throughout this site.
    Dont do it here.

Larry

?

You got it all wrong Larry . All my posts are helping other people out . A bit like my 13000 on WAF and 15000000 on GHW. The guy wants to know a value tell him. If it’s his first SA he does not Want this one. If I don’t comment then it’s just you replying. I don’t post My stuff much here because few people reply. Ive posted rate and interesting stuff here and good barely a blink. Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast