Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger Robert Giersch

Article about: Hello colleagues, I would appreciate your honest opinion on this dagger made by Rob. Giersch. The blade has some oxidation. Can this be cleaned up? I am not a big fan of the blade but if som

?

Default SA Dagger Robert Giersch

Hello colleagues,

I would appreciate your honest opinion on this dagger made by Rob. Giersch.

The blade has some oxidation. Can this be cleaned up? I am not a big fan of the blade but if somehow the dark spots can be lightened up It might find a place in my collection.
    The ball is crushed which does not bother me too much to be honest.
    Guards look nice early nickel. Zapon is mostly gone.

Any and all opinions are appreciated

SA Dagger Robert Giersch
    SA Dagger Robert Giersch
    SA Dagger Robert Giersch
    SA Dagger Robert Giersch
    SA Dagger Robert Giersch
    SA Dagger Robert Giersch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger Robert Giersch
    P
    Many

The blade can probably be "cleaned up" with something like simichrome, but it would need aggressive polishing and all of the crossgrain would be lost. IMO, the cleaning would merely devalue what is already there.

?

Hello.
    In order for colleagues to give an accurate opinion, it is good to show the manufacturer's logo and the marking of the cross guard, if there is one. I think that these spots on the blade can be completely removed just by polishing the blade, but this wears out the blade further and I don't think it should be done.
    Wait for more opinions.
    Regards Georgi.

?

Good Morning gents, thank you for your comments. Did you ever try rubbing white vinegar on the dark spots and then wiping off? Would this help?
    I own a few daggers but only ren-wax them and never touch afterwards. I want to prevent myself from doing something stupid.

WM Westmark gruppe stamp.

SA Dagger Robert Giersch
    SA Dagger Robert Giersch

?

Bummer for me.

I asked the seller to reserve it for me but just sold minutes ago before under my nose.

?

Hi Vocht.
    Don't be mad about that dagger.
    I don't know how rare this maker is, but there are still nice early SA daggers on the market fairly often.
    I think that if you have decided to buy an early SA dagger you will find a better example than this one for your collection.
    Regards Georgi.

Giersch is rated a 7 on the McSARR scale.

?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Bummer for me.

I asked the seller to reserve it for me but just sold minutes ago before under my nose.
    Hate it when that happens !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The blade looks like it has been cleaned already, as it appears very shiny on the photos.

According to my knowledge you can’t remove the black spots without leaving visible traces of cleaning on the blade.

?

Quote by ivbaust View Post
    The blade looks like it has been cleaned already, as it appears very shiny on the photos.

According to my knowledge you can’t remove the black spots without leaving visible traces of cleaning on the blade.
    +1

same thought here!

Dont be sad that you missed out on a dagger like that, be happy you didn't buy it
    Invest in a good one, they will always have their value.

Pieces like the one above arent very collectible imo, its a starter but no more then that.
    You will have a hard time getting your money back when you want to make a trade for a better one.

My advise: only invest in high quality daggers, then you investment is sound!

Cheers,
    Ger