Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

sa daggers

Article about: Hi all, Can someone give his opinion about this SA daggers? Is it original ww2? Thanks, Grts, Wesley

?

Default sa daggers

Hi all,

Can someone give his opinion about this SA daggers?

Is it original ww2?

Thanks,

Grts,

Wesley

sa daggerssa daggerssa daggerssa daggers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sa daggers
    P
    Many

I do not collect these, but both appear authentic to me. Fit of the grips with the crossguards are good, as are the fit of the eagle and SA badges. Pommel nuts show no sign of tampering, scabbard throat screws are all present and undamaged, and both examples show honest wear and tear and patina.

Any seasoned collectors of these, please feel free to correct me.

Regards, B.B.

Looks good to me too. Aren't Puma made SA daggers more rare?

I can agree to a point that they are authentic in some respect..but Im not liking the fact Im seeing the same consistencies on both blades.
    The Rudolf Schmidt logo is way too fat.

IMO Let them go Wesley ...Im not convinced nor comfortable with them being whole.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

On Larry’s forum for SA gruppe marks known to dagger manufactures (SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers), we can see that Rudolf Schmidt produces for NS. The guard on that example appears to show He. I’m fairly confident that Larry’s Gruppe forum is up to date, and this would support the idea of the dagger not being whole.

I’m a novice, but this was just an observation incase you required some supporting evidence. Regards, Scotty.

Good observation Scotty

Question : what producer has very noticeable accent grooving on their crossguards ? ...as seen on the Rudolf Schmidt example?
    That Producer also is listed on distributing to the Hessen "He" district.

Also take notice to the grip fit to the lower guard.
    It is acceptable to see some gap left to right ..but not spacing on both sides of the lower grip where it meets the guard.
    This dagger is a parts dagger and when someone identifies the crossguard producer you will know why.
    Collectors will know these guard types a mile away.

Also ...sometimes there are some SA Gruppe marks that do surface that are not on the list which is up to date.
    Usually at that point ..we examine all the details necessary making sure that producer is correct. The construction and fit of the dagger will allow that new Gruppe mark to be added to the SA Gruppe list.

This Rudolf Schmidt example does not qualify nor does it qualify to be a whole unmessed with example.
    Who produced the guards ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill