Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Is this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?

Article about: Hello all, thinking of buying this early SA with a dedication on the scabbard. Just want to see what the experts think before I pull the trigger. Also, do you think its worth buying? As alwa

Default Is this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?

Hello all, thinking of buying this early SA with a dedication on the scabbard. Just want to see what the experts think before I pull the trigger. Also, do you think its worth buying? As always, thank you very much - JackIs this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?Is this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?Is this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?Is this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?Is this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?Is this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?Is this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this SA Dienstdolch Authentic?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Interesting scabbard.

I will certainly defer to the experts but for observational purposes do I see deep scratches under all the layers of paint? Is the base paint layer Green? With a Brown layer over the Green? Is there any anodizing remaining on the scabbard? And do I see remains of black paint on the fittings?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the reply,

yes, the scabbard is certainly interesting, cant say I definitively know whats going on with it

Scabbard is post war repaint ...which some of the original anodizing is showing through...which is also very thin...may be the treason why it was painted over.

The dagger itself is early period and correct for a Herder SA...but the dedication on the upper scabbard fitting I will leave to the etch experts ...because its easy more so currently to add dedications.

Wait on Anderson ...Billy G , Gerrit..or Fred

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I like the whole dagger with the condition being pretty rough. The dedication looks good but easily added later. Does look correct my eyes. The condition is driving the value and not the dedication. The dedication might be trying to make up for condition. Kamala could not have explained better.
    John
    Last edited by Rescue190; 03-30-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Thankyou for looking at the " Root causes " of the dagger...>_< LOL
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

My 2 cents:
    The engraving is a post war addition.
    In the dedication the word errinerung is spelled wrong, it says errinerug
    Thats a no go for me.
    Just a way to try to get a bit more for a beat up dagger.

Ger

Awesome! Thank you all for your help. I will pass on this one and hopefully find a great one soon. Take care, Jack