Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch G Felix. Genuine?

Article about: Hello! I have a question about another SA dagger. Why? Because in these covid-19 times I need some f**king stimulation and I want to bid on REAL daggers. So I combine my military interest wi

Default SA Dienstdolch G Felix. Genuine?

Hello!

I have a question about another SA dagger. Why? Because in these covid-19 times I need some f**king stimulation and I want to bid on REAL daggers. So I combine my military interest with some pulse raising bidding

This is my thoughts:
    - Blade: looks genuine. The text (font, size and place) looks exactly like another G Felix dagger from Lakesidetraders. Patina near the upper crossguard. Some "blurs" on the blade. Producer mark correct and no signs of erased Röhm signature (shouldn´t be this on Felix).

- Handle: some scratches, small crack going (vertically towards upper crossguard). Shrinkage but good fit to the crossguards.
    Maybe a weird fit for the eagle? Look at (the eagle´s) right wing and down to the encircled swastika. The eagle is also in better shape than the SA mark. However, I think I can see a similar weird eagle carving on LST education side (see picture below "Scabbard to Crossguard Fit") and several other daggers that have been for sale. Do you think it looks normal for an SA dagger?
    The SA mark looks genuine to me.

- Scabbard: signs of ageing and patina. The pommel nut has taken some turns. Plating looks like the nickel of the crossguards.

- The bottom screw (probably called something else) looks very good, but can´t zoom in enough. Color matching crossguards.

- The crossguards: good condition but you can see signs of patina and scrathes. Perhaps better condition than the blade? Seems like they fit both the blade and handle good. The number 15/59065 and Nm are stamped. If you look close you can see that Nm is stamped above an old "Nm" stamp. But I can see the same thing on Lakesides education side. G Felix produced Nordmark daggers.

Does anyone know were to find what 15/59065 means? According to LST its often a benchmark for who assembled the dagger but not always. I haven´t found any search engine or register for these numbers...

Thanks to anyone who gives their thoughts! I probably will ask about more items, cuz I´m climbing walls here and need stimulation

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch G Felix. Genuine?
    P
    Many

The number 15/59065 is the SA manns brigade number and not a bench mark. ....Bench marks are found on Eickhorn SA and SS daggers..but not all the time ...the "Nm" stands for Nordmark and is a point of distribution to that SA sector in Germany ..if you look above in the pinned thread areas give a read here on all SA dagger gruppe desigantions.
    SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

Dont bid too high on this dagger ..its not worth more than $500 in its present condition and Im being generous with that price tag.

The "Nm" mark is a 2nd strike point...the first tap of the hammer onto the letter tool left a light indentation the 2nd hit is the actual mark.
    I know you are new here and there is much to learn.
    "Nm" is correct for this producer.

The grip may appear questionable to other collectors but after close examination..this grip has been on the dagger for quite sometime.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill