Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sa dienstdolch h. Herder

Article about: good evening guys Your expert opinion for this HERDER dagger? thank you Greetings

Default Sa dienstdolch h. Herder

good evening guys

Your expert opinion for this HERDER dagger?
    thank you

Greetings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sa dienstdolch h. Herder   Sa dienstdolch h. Herder  

Sa dienstdolch h. Herder   Sa dienstdolch h. Herder  

Sa dienstdolch h. Herder   Sa dienstdolch h. Herder  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa dienstdolch h. Herder
    P
    Many

The photos are not the best and would like to see better photo of the hanger. Appears to be black.

the grip is very dark but I see traces of brown......commonly Henrietta Herder SA daggers have a mid to near dark grips. This one almost looks black. But it is a dark dark brown.

The seller hides the swastika and a part of the motto for selling reasons.
    I dont see any issues with this dagger other than an uncommonly seen very dark grip..but seems to fit well.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You can also use the Forums search engine located at the top right side of each pager here for comparative examples.

Early SA dagger by H.Herder
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Reinhard,

It looks as if the whole dagger was well cleaned, probably because the blade was rusty. Look closely at the photos both around the obverse point and the reverse including the center of the motto area where it looks faded. There was quite a bit of rust.

Also:

- One of the lower scabbard screws is missing
    - The scabbard throat piece was taken out and not replaced correctly. Notice the gap. Since the screws are back in, that suggests something may have been forced.

I would avoid this dagger
    Dave

Hi Larry

Thank you very much for the advice, always very accurate and comprehensive.

It is a dagger that immediately gave me positive feelings, and I am thinking of buying it.

The handle is very dark brown effect, which from the photos may look black, but it is not .... and you can see the brown wood in some places.
    the coat hanger is very dark, but it has traces of brown, I will try to ask for better photos ... if they will send them to me.

Thanks again

Greeting Larry

Hi dave

Yes it is true, I had noticed the screw missing, and the scabbard throat I saw that it is slightly detached, and probably it is as you say, it was detached and then put back.
    On the other hand, as regards the blade, I hadn't paid any attention to the cleaning that was done and I thank you for letting me know.

Thanks Dave

Greetings

?

Ill go with Dave, avoid this one, it looks like the scabbard hull has been switched, and the blade isnt that great.
    These SA daggers are not that rare so better invest in a more minty textbook unmessed one.

Best
    Ger

Hi

Yes, in fact, you are pointing out some details that I had not seen due to inexperience.

thank you very much

A greeting

Mauro