Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch - Jacobs Solingen. RZM M7 / 118 - Opinions ?

Article about: Hello ! Hope that everyone is feeling ok despite all this madness in the world. I would like to have your expert opinions about this SA Dagger. Do we have here a nice and genuine one ? Or a

Default SA Dienstdolch - Jacobs Solingen. RZM M7 / 118 - Opinions ?

Hello !

Hope that everyone is feeling ok despite all this madness in the world.

I would like to have your expert opinions about this SA Dagger.
    Do we have here a nice and genuine one ? Or a gruesome piece of trash ?
    Is it possible to know approximately the year of production ?

As you can see, there are stains on the blade. But no corrosion holes. The blade is smooth.

Thanks a lot !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch - Jacobs Solingen. RZM M7 / 118 - Opinions ?
    P
    Many

A better photo

No one ?

Hi Gagarin...A very interesting Late RZM dagger. I have seen this producer without the Jacobs name as seen below and a first time for me now.

I would not thrown this in the trash as it seems to appear to show at least the same details as the RZM number..yet the blade is in very poor condition.
    The grip and guards are early period ..the tang nut is late period and dagger has been opened and is possible the dagger has been put together.

The dagger overall appears all to be Third Reich materials but mismatched.
    Hang onto the dagger if you have it.

What is the price tag if you are seeking to purchase?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.
    However, how can you see that the grip and guards are early period, and mismatching the blade ? Because it's supposed to be Mid-Period dagger (double markings), not a late one.

Thanks

Grip and guards are consistent with early period examples.

I did say this was a first for me to see when I had observed other examples with just the RZM number..which places the "Only RZM numbered examples after 1939 "

The tang nut is the late silver plated type.
    So yes it appears to be Mid period transitional which sometimes may include early period fittings...but how do we prove this from a not commonly seen example.
    I did say ...hang on to it ?
    Your thoughts possibly were this dagger was trash?

The blade only from what I can see puts this in the latter part of the mid period.
    Im not thrilled with the late period tang nut which shows its been opened.
    I would expect a greater fit from this Jacobs firm.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you.

I don't think that this is trash but I still wanted to have the opinions of people who know more about this "transitional" type.

Searching on Google... I found an other example from the same Jacobs company. Transitional SA Dagger by Jacobs & Co. | Lakesidetrader
    It's interesting to compare now. Same characteristics, right ? Looks like. But.. Not easy with photos.

Yes and thankyou for providing further proof of the blade

Comparing with Lakesidetraders example also appears near the same details with the example you posted except your example has the early type nickel grip eagle where as the Lakeside example has the mid period type that has what is sometimes a common loss of the plating.