Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sa dolch Röhm, need opinion

Article about: Hello friends. I want to buy SA dagger with Röhm signature. Now I have 3 daggers on my sight. But I would like an opinion on the authenticity of the Röhm signature. Here are photos of 3 di

?

Default Sa dolch Röhm, need opinion

Hello friends.

I want to buy SA dagger with Röhm signature. Now I have 3 daggers on my sight. But I would like an opinion on the authenticity of the Röhm signature. Here are photos of 3 different daggers. What are your opinions? I am also interested in the fact that many officers were awarded such daggers. Will there be 100% identity of the signature, because there are errors in mass production? How to determine authenticity. Unfortunately, I cannot buy the book because I do not collect daggers. I only need one dagger.

Best regards, friends.
    Viktor

N1
    Sa dolch Röhm,  need opinion

N2

N3

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa dolch Röhm,  need opinion
    P
    Many

All 3 have been ruined by re-etched dedications.

Blade condition makes it obvious.

So Mr. MIG ....since you have seen all 3 in person yourself ..please take more photos and lets see the rest of all 3 daggers separately in each of their own threads.

We all know these forums are testing grounds for new fakers trying to sharpen their craft.
    This appears only to authenticate the dedication only..without seeing the rest of the dagger...if you are one that wants to spend that kind of high dollar money on a Rohm dagger...you need to post the rest of the daggers in their entirety to see if it is the "Real Deal"

I had 2 cups of coffee this morning

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry. Please explain to me what is wrong here. Please, write in a private message. I am not a crook, I am looking for the Röhm dagger, and I want to buy. I see this daggers in webshops, and I haven't more photos except which possible to see for everyone. I have looked at dagger samples on this site

Rohm Dagger Identification Gallery.

All inscriptions are different, there is no 100% identity. Here are examples of two Kober daggers (pic) . There is even a difference in 100% identification of the originality of the daggers. My publication is dagger N1, I am sure it is a fake. the other two, the inscription is made by acid etching. I understand that no one is going to explain anything to me. And it's better to forget about trying to buy a Röhm dagger. I don’t understand what the difference is to show a photo of a complete dagger if I’m interested in the originality of Röhm's signature. I think that for me personally, it is useless to look for this dagger. Since it is expensive, and I cannot determine the originality.

?

If you don’t want to explain anything, tell me that you don’t need to come here. Those who want to forge a dagger have enough books and information on the internet. They will find whatever they want

I am interesting this dagger

Here is two second daggers

Viktor,

Larry is trying to explain the importance of showing the entire dagger and not just sections of the dagger for all of us to be aware of what fakes and forgeries are out there. Just taking pictures of the inscription will not help any of us here when these daggers reappear for sale as authentic somewhere else in the future.

Our purpose on this forum is two-fold, to educate potential collectors and to warn them of what inherent risks come without doing research.

Larry is one of our most respected and knowledgeable members when it comes to TR Daggers and he is certainly not implying that you are a crook. It is understood that trolls come on here to gain as much knowledge as possible in order to hone their skills and in order for us to be more vigilant we respectfully request images of the entire dagger so we can pick out the flaws and advise members and collectors to either avoid said objects or proceed with confidence that the objects are 100% authentic from top to bottom...

If you are pursuing a Rohm dagger it is suggested that you request more photos from the web-sites that are offering them for sale. If they oblige you and provide more images then there is a good chance that the sellers are not trying to hide anything from you (or others). If they don't want to send more images then that is a RED FLAG warning that something else is suspicious about the dagger itself.

Let me ask you this... Would you buy a car simply from two or three pictures posted on line? I doubt that anyone would do that without asking to see the entire car, the engine, the wheels, the interior, and then there are other questions to be asked when committing large sums of money.. That is just the start... A Sight Unseen purchase is risky and in some cases quite foolish..

This is the same situation,, A Rohm dagger with just the inscription photographed and posted?? Where is the rest of the dagger? I want to see what I am getting before I get it...

I hope this clarifies Larry's postings in order to try to help you.

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Viktor,

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty
    I understand and accept. The seller gave me a lot of photos. I wish to buy this dagger. But I have no experience, because I want one and I will no longer buy SA daggers. I want that I had a lot of things of the Third Reich, but one copy is enough. Dagger N1, I see mechanical work, it is not acid. So I think this is a bad dagger. Dagger N2, I wrote to the seller, but have not received a photo yet. Those photos that are shown on the site are very bad. Dagger N3 here are photos.

Other photos, many photos of the scabbard. I think it's not needed

Regards
    Viktor

?

Dagger N1. I didn't asked any photos. The dagger is very beautiful, but I am not trust of Röhm signature.

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Viktor,

Larry is trying to explain the importance of showing the entire dagger and not just sections of the dagger for all of us to be aware of what fakes and forgeries are out there. Just taking pictures of the inscription will not help any of us here when these daggers reappear for sale as authentic somewhere else in the future.

Our purpose on this forum is two-fold, to educate potential collectors and to warn them of what inherent risks come without doing research.

Larry is one of our most respected and knowledgeable members when it comes to TR Daggers and he is certainly not implying that you are a crook. It is understood that trolls come on here to gain as much knowledge as possible in order to hone their skills and in order for us to be more vigilant we respectfully request images of the entire dagger so we can pick out the flaws and advise members and collectors to either avoid said objects or proceed with confidence that the objects are 100% authentic from top to bottom...

If you are pursuing a Rohm dagger it is suggested that you request more photos from the web-sites that are offering them for sale. If they oblige you and provide more images then there is a good chance that the sellers are not trying to hide anything from you (or others). If they don't want to send more images then that is a RED FLAG warning that something else is suspicious about the dagger itself.

Let me ask you this... Would you buy a car simply from two or three pictures posted on line? I doubt that anyone would do that without asking to see the entire car, the engine, the wheels, the interior, and then there are other questions to be asked when committing large sums of money.. That is just the start... A Sight Unseen purchase is risky and in some cases quite foolish..

This is the same situation,, A Rohm dagger with just the inscription photographed and posted?? Where is the rest of the dagger? I want to see what I am getting before I get it...

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty
    Wise words there. but why resist buying a reference work on these? The money these are going for a good reference work is an investment in your own education!

?

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Wise words there. but why resist buying a reference work on these? The money these are going for a good reference work is an investment in your own education!
    I told earlier. I am buying 1 item. I need 1 Helmet M35, 1 Helmet M38, 1 MP44, 1 MG34, 1 mess kit, 1 belt, 1 Visor cap , 1 SA dagger ... do You buy books for every one item?

I not need 10 SA daggers

?

You want to buy an item that costs $ 5,000 or more, and you don’t want to spend an extra $ 300 to buy books. This is your right, but also the right of your colleagues not to answer you. They spend their time, money on it. Information always costs money. Therefore, either you will spend your time and money and then they will help you or take the seller's word and buy the item at your own risk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast