Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn

Article about: Hi Guys, I always wanted to own a Rohm dedication dagger. I find SA Stabschef Ernst Rohm an interesting character (aside from his personal life) being from the left wing of the Party. I fina

Default SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn

Hi Guys, I always wanted to own a Rohm dedication dagger. I find SA Stabschef Ernst Rohm an interesting character (aside from his personal life) being from the left wing of the Party. I finally managed to get a Rohm dagger, over 20 years ago now, thanks to a friend in Canada.

This example is made by Carl Eickhorn, who in my opinion are one of the best dagger makers of the era. The dagger has had a hard life prior to me getting it and some has literally used it as a hammer! Maybe done by the Vet who picked it up, who knows? So the grip has suffered somewhat.

The blade has been professionally factory re ground to remove all traces of the dedication. But the postioning of the early style company trademark close up to the crossguard belies it's true origins. Another detail is the factory benchmark production number, here a "2" under the crossguard. Numbers range from 1 to 9.

The crossguard is group marked "Wf" for SA Gruppe Westfalen. This would of course fit in with a Canadian Veteran liberating the dagger as the area was fought over by the British and Canadian Armies in 1945.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn   SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn  

SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn   SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn  

SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn   SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn  

SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Thumbs up re: SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn

Hi Adrian

This time I won't be able to show you mine cause I don't got one to show...

How many daggers do you have in your collection?

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Default re: SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn

yet another very nice dagger from Ade i love seeing these just a pity i cant afford one maybe one day

Thanks Guys

I have shown virtually all my 12 dress daggers and one sword on the forum now.

My collection of daggers was built up years ago Nick.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks Guys

I have shown virtually all my 12 dress daggers and one sword on the forum now.

My collection of daggers was built up years ago Nick.

Cheers, Ade.
    at a time they were allot cheaper i guess

They were indeed Nick. My first dagger was an SA (not shown it yet) and was priced at £26, bought from my late dealer friend Mike Long. This was in the late 1970's. But you have to bear in mind my wages then were about £20 a week as a young man in my first job. The hobby now is becoming a rich mans game and is no longer the hobby it once was for a regular working class man. "Investor" collectors have ruined it for the vast majority.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    They were indeed Nick. My first dagger was an SA (not shown it yet) and was priced at £26, bought from my late dealer friend Mike Long. This was in the late 1970's. But you have to bear in mind my wages then were about £20 a week as a young man in my first job. The hobby now is becoming a rich mans game and is no longer the hobby it once was for a regular working class man. "Investor" collectors have ruined it for the vast majority.

Cheers, Ade.
    wow £26 but then as you say that was a while ago but now also the problem is the market being flooded with fakes so this is one area i will be staying away from

most evrything has been faked at one time or other but with gold guys on here like ade ppl can still collect with faith

?

very nice Ade, mine too is an eickhorn rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn   SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn  

Attached Images Attached Images SA fully ground Rohm Ehrendolch by Eickhorn 

I remember that one Dave, it is a super example.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast