Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Gottfried Müller

Article about: Hallo guys, I am going to purchase this very nice minty SA dagger by Gottfried Muller, wich belonged to Rafael(member here) some time ago. I have one final question before i agree to bring t

Default SA Gottfried Müller

Hallo guys,

I am going to purchase this very nice minty SA dagger by Gottfried Muller, wich belonged to Rafael(member here) some time ago. I have one final question before i agree to bring this nice dagger in. I was hoping that you could help me determine if the lacquer/paint was factroy applied or not?

Rafael has more pictures on his site if you are interested: SA Gottfried Müller | Rafaeldaggers.jouwweb.nl

regards, Job

SA Gottfried MüllerSA Gottfried MüllerSA Gottfried MüllerSA Gottfried MüllerSA Gottfried MüllerSA Gottfried MüllerSA Gottfried Müller

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Gottfried Müller
    P
    Many

?

Hi Job,

Nice dagger but the scabbard looks very much repainted brown so not factory applied imo,

should be brown anodised for an early dagger, maybe post war painted ?

later RZM SA daggers had painted brown scabbards.

Regards Mac 66.

Hi Job

IMO, the scabbard is period painted the layer is thick and professionally manufactured. There is a small damage and there you look directly on the white metal not on an old layer below it.
    I had this dagger almost 3 years in my collection and I like this dagger but
    sometimes you need money for another dagger and you need to sell something from your collection.
    that's my expertise lets hear what the other guys saying.

Regards Rafael

Thanks for the reply mac 66 and Rafael.

That is the main reason why i post it here, normally they should be anodised. It could be a early painted piece but i hope other memebers know more about this.

regards, Job

certainly a dagger worth getting,a beauty.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    certainly a dagger worth getting,a beauty.

Would be hard to resell with painted scabbard when the time comes to move it on or upgrade, dagger collectors can buy an early SA with no issues very easily, i would not be happy with a repainted scabbard , live & learn

MAC you totally understand me^^

Hi Mac.

Yes live and learn.
    A dagger with a period lacquered scabbard professionally done is not much less than a dagger with an anodized scabbard. Yes we all want an early dagger with an anodized scabbard which is the standard but there are daggers that are different from the textbook daggers which are correct.
    It is eventually you like it or not. If you have this dagger in your hands you understand what i mean.

Regards Rafael

Great dagger Rafael..I have seen deep chocolate anodized scabbards that did seem to resemble paint..but upon close inspection..in hand..one could detect the glint of the oxide process, beneath the Laquer. Hard to see that in these photos..and would not be surprised if this dagger may be one of those heavy oxide processes. The Producer although common back in the day of plenty.... deemed a 4 in rarity may have used this process....yet expensive.

This dagger also appears as Mac66 states painted..hard to say..yet a very nice dagger with minty crossgrain. Glad it went to a nice home Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Vernichtung View Post
    MAC you totally understand me^^

Yes & your main concern about the scabbard repaint has been answered, now its up to you to buy it or not ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast