Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me

Article about: I was looking through some posting on Gun Broker and came across this dagger. It had a very nice story to go with it.....a veteran bring back yad yad. To me it looks just made. It has been b

You know what M., I have to disagree in a way. You spend a lot of time authenticating items due to your passion. That's all you do is help, try to save someone from getting burned. That's what we all do here
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    You know what M., I have to disagree in a way. You spend a lot of time authenticating items due to your passion. That's all you do is help, try to save someone from getting burned. That's what we all do here
    D.
    I'm talking about the guys that don't even try. Or better said, those that don't want to understand the history. But those even remotely interested will eventually want to learn more about what they have purchased and as they dig a lightbulb goes off and they find a forum

The guys that just want something cool to look at and put on their shelf to show off..that is who I'm talking about...

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

They're the kind of people who touch paint after being told it's wet. Regardless of how many times you try to tell them, some people are simply unwilling to learn.

B.B.

Just 2 photos ?

Forget it
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Just 2 photos ?

Forget it
    Don't think you need more than the two shown..
    LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Don't think you need more than the two shown..
    LoL
    You dont see where Im going with it
    One photo said enough

SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post

The guys that just want something cool to look at and put on their shelf to show off..that is who I'm talking about...

Hey, I put them on my shelf to look at AND I show them off on the forum.

But seriously that dagger... "From Pakistan with love".
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hi Larry, no there were actually to many pictures, over 25. An update, currently bid $1,500. The seller has in the description, "a true penny auction":. Probably the only true fact. I agree with trying to help other members find the truth about possible buys or already own. I am posting a couple of addition pictures that will show just how bogus this dagger is. As a fake though it does have some value as a fake, maybe $150. I have come to the conclusion that one should buy from who you know and trust. Even true experts get fooled, a return policy is key.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me   SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me  

SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me   SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me  

The scabbard shows some promise ..but hard to tel in the photos that do not enlarge further.

I was assuming that all high leader honor daggers came with a scabbard with two attachment rings that had a chain attached to them. I have not really researched this level of German daggers. I saw a couple of SS chain link daggers at a show recently, vendor asking $2,500 each. A trusted vendor. If we get a recession here in the US as talked about, these items will become more obtainable once more.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast