Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me

Article about: I was looking through some posting on Gun Broker and came across this dagger. It had a very nice story to go with it.....a veteran bring back yad yad. To me it looks just made. It has been b

Default SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me

I was looking through some posting on Gun Broker and came across this dagger. It had a very nice story to go with it.....a veteran bring back yad yad. To me it looks just made. It has been bid up to $500 right now. Looking to see if I am right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me   SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

It's not "fishy", it is a fishing weight!

Considering LST is selling one (not confirming originality) for $35k....I think that says it all......

SA Honor Dagger by Carl Eickhorn | Lakesidetrader
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map for your reply. I will post the final selling price on the dagger. I think it has no reserve so it will sell. This item is a good lesson in, buy the item not the story.

John

Quote by MAP View Post
    It's not "fishy", it is a fishing weight!

Considering LST is selling one (not confirming originality) for $35k....I think that says it all......

SA Honor Dagger by Carl Eickhorn | Lakesidetrader
    I agree.
    I don't like the detail (or lack of it) on the crossguard in particular and the blade looks etched rather than genuine damascus.

As for the price, well definate "off back o' lorry" price

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I agree.
    I don't like the detail (or lack of it) on the crossguard in particular and the blade looks etched rather than genuine damascus.

As for the price, well definate "off back o' lorry" price

Regards

Mark
    Maker mark is all wonky as well....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Maker mark is all wonky as well....
    Yep, I had "switched off" before going further!!

I fear some poor "Muppet" will pay over the odds for a duck egg here!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yep, I had "switched off" before going further!!

I fear some poor "Muppet" will pay over the odds for a duck egg here!

Regards

Mark
    Why anyone would by off of GunBoards is beyond me. More fakes there than eBay.

Dagger is currently at $905 and the auction still has 13 days to go. I like the terms of sale: AS IS and NO RETURNS. Someone is going to be getting a huge amount of buyers remorse.

John

I wrestle with my thoughts...Should we feel sorry for the winner or do we just discount the high bidder as a fool ? Sort of like..."You deserve to get burned". It's not 1980 anymore. There are reputable sites to buy from. There are forums available.
    I have discussed this in previous posts. There are many "hermit collectors" who are unknown & just trust "whomever" on items they want. I watched a fake M35 DD helmet sell on the CG auction last week. It sold for about $1200 & was so fake, yet someone bid & won it. I was wondering..."What are you dreaming of ?" Oh well,
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I wrestle with my thoughts...Should we feel sorry for the winner or do we just discount the high bidder as a fool ? Sort of like..."You deserve to get burned". It's not 1980 anymore. There are reputable sites to buy from. There are forums available.
    I have discussed this in previous posts. There are many "hermit collectors" who are unknown & just trust "whomever" on items they want. I watched a fake M35 DD helmet sell on the CG auction last week. It sold for about $1200 & was so fake, yet someone bid & won it. I was wondering..."What are you dreaming of ?" Oh well,
    D.
    If they are happy in their ignorance so be it. That's been my motto. Plus...let them spend their money on the fakes. That much less to compete against my budget

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast