Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?

Article about: Hello A very nice looking dagger, however… the distance between the rzm and company logo is looking odd. Also notice the upper scabbard fitting, how it looks different where it points down

?

Default SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?

SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?

Hello

A very nice looking dagger, however… the distance between the rzm and company logo is looking odd.

Also notice the upper scabbard fitting, how it looks different where it points down.

Opinions, is it legit ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?
    P
    Many

Hello Dobson...yes this is correct and also there are 3 Transitional logo variants seen below.

SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?
    Photo Credit : German daggers forum

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Wow thanks ! Newer seen that logo before with that distance !

Comments on scabbard throat ?

Best Dobson

Hi Dobson...a photo of the throat opening please.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The upper scabbard fitting is not like that on ANY SA/SS dagger I have ever seen. The scabbard may be post war.

I am also skeptical of the spacing of the parts of the trademark. They look more spread out than I would have expected.

Notice also the color of the guards and the scabbard fittings is different

?

Hi Dave, yes the shape of the upper scabbard fitting is really odd !

The extreme logo distance seems to be ok and acceptable for this maker, Larry C has shared photo of similar dagger with this very unusual etching.

The crossguards looks like solid nickel with a good patina, I think this is normal with transitionals - a mix between plated and solid.

?

Default Opening

SA Klittermann transitional, anyone seen this before ?

?

I would like to see more or have it in hand. I do not believe it to be a period piece.

The obvious clue is the upper scabbard fitting, but the rest of it appears very recently made rather than old and untouched like the unissued tagged daggers.

Mr. Dobson, yours ? or for sale somewhere ?

Dave

?

Hi Dave.
    No not mine, its on auktion on Ratisbons.
    Best Dobson

Hi Dobson...if this is all the photos that this auction house is showing ....try to acquire a few more photos ...if they say no....then leave it alone.

I agree with Dave that the upper scabbard fitting is showing some non period detail.

Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast