Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Partial Rohm inscription

Article about: based on the only pics i have what are members thoughts ?

Default SA Partial Rohm inscription

SA Partial Rohm inscriptionSA Partial Rohm inscriptionSA Partial Rohm inscription

based on the only pics i have what are members thoughts ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Partial Rohm inscription
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Partial Rohm inscription

I think it looks good to me as I see faint traces of the Rohm signature in the 2nd photo. The blade is a little weathered, but still a nice original example. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think it stands a good chance.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

So far the pictures allow us it looks good, but what i dont understand is why so many of those Rohm daggers have a messed up blade?
    and i dont mean the damaged of the removed motto....
    I see a lot of early daggers from the '34/35th's with tons of cross grain and beautiful blades, but almost every time a ground/part. rohm comes by it has a bad blade...
    Any ideas anyone? besides the fact that many part.Rohms are fakes and the blades are roughly made to decive, i have no clue.

Cheers Ger

Hi Ger,, great question,,IMO these type of daggers are ( looked at more ) and are cleaned more. Over the years and climate conditions play a factor. I feel also finger prints and trapped moisture on the blade can cause a weathered looking blade. That blackness is the "micro pitting" that I spoke about on another thread. That black stuff at the blade shoulders and under the word "Kameradeschaft" I think too much admiration and cleaning changed alot on the blade surface. There are some great SA Rohm examples also with no weathering but these are in the $7000-8000 range. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

hi all i was totaly robbed at the auction (dominic winter auctions ) today came up on screen as my winning bid,then went to next lot then when i checked it id been outbid,cant get a satisfactory answer from auction !!!!!!!!!!!who else has had a simaler experience ?.....kev

Hi Kev,, just curious how much did the final bid go for?

hi larry it was mine at £440...then i was robbed at £460 bargain !!!