Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch please

Article about: I never did collect German daggers but these came up and i said why not so bear with me LOL. First up is a Carl eickhorn that somebody thought would be nice to sharpen with a belt sander, BA

Default Thoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch please

I never did collect German daggers but these came up and i said why not so bear with me LOL. First up is a Carl eickhorn that somebody thought would be nice to sharpen with a belt sander, BAD IDEA. Partial ground Rohm I think?Thoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch please
    P
    Many

#2 is very nice, has a gap in the handle top and bottom on one side, the handle is slightly loose, i did some investigating on this maker and have seen this on other Dienstdolch that they made or they where all bad LOL. No Scabbard for this one.Thoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch pleaseThoughts on these 2 SA Dienstdolch please

?

Looks like the lower crossguard on part Rohm is nickel plated.

It's not plated, it's nickle silver? i think thats what you call it.

- - ------- - -

oh i see what your looking at, thats where the belt sander hit the lower part of the crossguard.

Both daggers are original ...its ashame about the overzealous grind job.
    Please post each dagger separately for discussion.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Both daggers are original ...its ashame about the overzealous grind job.
    Please post each dagger separately for discussion.

Regards Larry
    Ok i'll repost them separately, thank you for the reply, i'm just glad there real!! Yes i agree on the grind job, i was talking to a couple guys who have collected stuff for 40 years plus and they where telling me stories of finding daggers in tackle boxes and barns where the vets used them to cut baling twine and fishing string and they where all sharpened etc. I guess back in the day they weren't nothing to some vets.

Separately provides a greater study and I appreciate your efforts
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Ron K View Post
    Looks like the lower crossguard on part Rohm is nickel plated.
    Ron what you on that NS guard are the traces of a grinding machine, so it reflects the light differently, looking at the right shoulder the Ho Gruppe marking is visible, so it fits M8

Regards
    Ger

?

Gerrit,
    I’ve seen it now. So lucky for daleville they are correct pieces.

Ron

[QUOTE=Ron K;2100726]Gerrit,
    I’ve seen it now. So lucky for daleville they are correct pieces.

Ron[/QUOTEYou got that right!! LOL i didn't have a ton of money in them but any money in a fake is not a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast