Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?

Article about: Hello, my new favorite community! I have a POSSIBLE (maybe) SA Dagger in sheath. It has an RZM M7/13 maker’s mark on the blade, and on the metal sheath clip thingy it has RZM M5/184 as wel

Default VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?

Hello, my new favorite community! I have a POSSIBLE Nazi SA Service Dagger in sheath. It has an RZM M7/13 maker’s mark on the blade, and on the metal sheath clip thingy it has RZM M5/184 as well as another weird logo I’ve never seen. It has a golden Nazi eagle on the handle as usual (I think it’s usual anyway) and a cool enameled SA logo imbedded at the top of the handle. That’s all good until I noticed “Alles für Deutschland” is ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BLADE!!! What’s up with this? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?   VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?  

VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?   VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?  

VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?   VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?  

Last edited by Twiggylaine; 09-27-2022 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Needed more detail in the title to attract help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?
    P
    Many

?

It is a correct, later production SA dagger made by Arthur Schutellhofer. They are pretty common. The blade in yours was put in front to back by whomever took it apart. The loose clip had a leather strap and buckle like this

VERY ODD Nazi SA Dienstdolch. Terrible reproduction or weird anomaly?

Thank you very much for answering! I was aware of the maker because I’ve been researching Nazi militaria like a freaking crazy person for a few days. It just didn’t look at all like it had been taken apart, bc there aren’t any tool marks at all on the bolt. I have a gentleman waiting on me to send pics of a knife collection (a few are German ones) I inherited from my dad. I told him I had to find out the authenticity and value of them first. I don’t want him to lowball me like he did when he bought some collectible guns from us a while back because we had no knowledge of what they were worth. Should I take the dagger apart and turn the blade around? And if so, do you have ANY idea what a fair price would be or know of a dealer I can ask or a website I look at? I’m a Veteran on disability with a young son and really could use the extra cash. I just want it to be a totally fair deal for both me and the buyer. Ripping people off is just not in my nature. Thanks in advance for ANY info you may be able to provide!

~Jaime

?

The tang nut unscrews easily if you have a thinnish 3/8 inch or 10mm open end wrench, but leave it alone as it only takes 15 seconds or so.

$500 - $600 would be more than fair. If he low balled you on guns, start at $750 and see if he bites.