Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

3 bottles from mud

Article about: Hi Reizstoff Flasche, zum Testen von Gasmasken Wehrmacht, gmp = Schering, sehr selten In addition to collecting WW2 German S84/98 III bayonets, I also have a hobby, I go with my detector for

?

Quote by vegetius View Post
    Well congratulations jtns63 you now hold the record for idiot of the year, (so far).

Having realised that you were digging something that 'off gassed' you continued to do so, and did not call the authorities or move away! You then lifted 3 X 1 Ltr stoneware bottles probably containing Brommethylethyl****n. But that is not a guarantee so let us instead call it an unknown chemical agent! Although Brommethylethyl****n was originally a lachramatory agent we do not know what 75 years or so have done to it! It may be more toxic than originally, it may be carcinogenic, we do now know that any number of these have a greater effect and most have long term health implications.

For everyone else reading this thread, this is exactly what we in the business tell you not to do. If you find or suspect chemical agents in any form then retreat and call the authorities immediately. That way you get to stay alive.

If that one in the middle is still sealed then I suggest that you inform the authorities immediately as I am pretty sure that in Denmark the possession of what would be classed as a military chemical agent will get you arrested. Do not just dump it as you are now responsible for informing the correct people, (normally your police) and unlawful disposal of these items is a crime.

May I suggest that with your level of common sense and threat assessment that you take up a new hobby and do not dig anymore, that way you may live a while longer.

Sorry for being so brusque but I have spent 40+ years trying to keep people alive, actions and extreme stupidity like this really push all the buttons to cause the full on sense of humour failure.

Just learn, and do the right thing.

(lol - you don't know a damn thing about the story behind it) ... You don't know the details and seem to completely over react with your answer/in writing mr idiot yourself. I wrote that the third bottle had something in it, its contents are down in the mud hole (those with a red ring) and then it. Me and my detector friends know what we do/what we have something to do with, we have found a lot over time, have also found grenades/mortars and thereby the authorities/police are notified, in the event of a dangerous find, the authorities/police always informed. Video has been recorded after it has been investigated whether the bottle/contents were dangerous and it was not. I don't need to type anymore because .........

Now in the end I'm going to have to jump on the Bandwagon with MAP for this one.

While there are a lot of people that purport to knowing what they are doing there are even less that are qualified to do it and really do have a clue. Both groups are more or less represented in the Forum.

Please keep the Aggression (and the insults) to a bare Minimum and let's try to stay on topic

MAP
    ?

Please - let's have a constructive discussion Gent. No mud slinging
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Please - let's have a constructive discussion Gent. No mud slinging

Excuse my language, I SHOULD reply back to the website POLICEMAN (vegetius) - There is always one who is more better than others, and more skilled than others, the type who can do more than others and I know what it is, this type was just here.

MAP
    ?

Quote by jtns63 View Post
    Excuse my language, I SHOULD reply back to the website POLICEMAN (vegetius) - There is always one who is more better than others, and more skilled than others, the type who can do more than others and I know what it is, this type was just here.
    As I've said. And this applies to everyone. Let's keep on topic. No personal attacks
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,

My total agreement on sticking to thread. I am afraid some people do not take professional advice well.

Jtns63 my proffession is my business and if you don't know, you don't need to know. However you are correct that there are people better qualified and experienced. Rightly as you say they are able to achieve much more than others. I find that listening to the experts helps, educates and helps with ones life expectancy.

My advice on getting a nice safe hobby remains and all my efforts to advise are made with the best intentions of trying to keep people safe. As always that is an individuals prerogative but if it were me I'd listen.

Looks like Riga Balsam bottles

Damn, my popcorn is all gone ...... hang on, I'll get another box
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Damn, my popcorn is all gone ...... hang on, I'll get another box
    Let me grab you another beer

Quote by Teck 147 View Post
    Let me grab you another beer
    My man!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast