Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3 bottles from mud

Article about: Hi Reizstoff Flasche, zum Testen von Gasmasken Wehrmacht, gmp = Schering, sehr selten In addition to collecting WW2 German S84/98 III bayonets, I also have a hobby, I go with my detector for

?

Default 3 bottles from mud

Hi

Reizstoff Flasche, zum Testen von Gasmasken Wehrmacht, gmp = Schering, sehr selten

In addition to collecting WW2 German S84/98 III bayonets, I also have a hobby, I go with my detector for WW2 German relics, I have found quite a few by now, both small and slightly larger finds. On my last trip at the beginning of March, I found 3 bottles containing flying tear gas for testing tear gas masks. These bottles are called Local irritant bottle, for testing Wehrmacht gas masks, 2 of the bottles were empty but the third one had something in it, I was down in the mud hole and my eyes started to burn badly and you can believe that I came up very quickly of the mud hole (in the picture you can see some of the pictures with a red ring, I drew a red line/ring and it is this flying gas that can be seen). In the same place I found a German signal gun bakelite cartridge container, without lid but last year I found a complete same kind + an extra lid and this lid came on this bakelite cartridge container.

This Reizstoff Flasche are very rare.

(sorry that some of the pictures are a bit unclear, they are screenshots from a video)

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 bottles from mud   3 bottles from mud  

3 bottles from mud   3 bottles from mud  

MAP
    ?

Nice finds!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well congratulations jtns63 you now hold the record for idiot of the year, (so far).

Having realised that you were digging something that 'off gassed' you continued to do so, and did not call the authorities or move away! You then lifted 3 X 1 Ltr stoneware bottles probably containing Brommethylethyl****n. But that is not a guarantee so let us instead call it an unknown chemical agent! Although Brommethylethyl****n was originally a lachramatory agent we do not know what 75 years or so have done to it! It may be more toxic than originally, it may be carcinogenic, we do now know that any number of these have a greater effect and most have long term health implications.

For everyone else reading this thread, this is exactly what we in the business tell you not to do. If you find or suspect chemical agents in any form then retreat and call the authorities immediately. That way you get to stay alive.

If that one in the middle is still sealed then I suggest that you inform the authorities immediately as I am pretty sure that in Denmark the possession of what would be classed as a military chemical agent will get you arrested. Do not just dump it as you are now responsible for informing the correct people, (normally your police) and unlawful disposal of these items is a crime.

May I suggest that with your level of common sense and threat assessment that you take up a new hobby and do not dig anymore, that way you may live a while longer.

Sorry for being so brusque but I have spent 40+ years trying to keep people alive, actions and extreme stupidity like this really push all the buttons to cause the full on sense of humour failure.

Just learn, and do the right thing.

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice finds!
    I will edit that I did not read through the summary and was just looking at the photos of the flask (I will admit I was multi-tasking while on a conf call )

So while these are interesting finds, I do echo what vegetius has said. The authorities should have been called.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Adding to vegetius appropriate venting.
    All varients of the "mask Test" chemicals filled into Steingutflaschen are permanent members of the international chemicals weapons list!!
    I would suggest you notify the appropriate authorities... In your Case apparently the danish Police.

These bottles are NOT rare!! There are most likely thousands of them in possesion of German agencies
    They simply do NOT belong in the hands of ignorant collectors

MAP
    ?

Lets keep the focus on the items Gents. Thanks! Don't want this thread going off the rails.

I agree that it's important to highlight the danger of these and what needs to be done if and when they are found again. But as said, let's just keep the discussion on the items so we can all learn a bit.

The items are quite common, their purpose is for respirator testing and chemical warfare training. The quantity of liquid however is 1 ltr and only a small amount would be needed and used. If one is opened indoors it is highly possible the concentration of gas would or could be lethal.

They are just 1 ltr schnapps bottles repurposed for training agents. As they were used throughout the German forces and even home defense forces they can turn up anywhere and the white label that tells you what is inside does not survive well. I have found them with a black plastic topped cork as the seal and also with a ceramic topped cork with the ceramic being the same as the bottle material. The last one I dealt with in UK caused a reasonable big stir but I did several in Sennelager some years back and their presence on old Wehrmacht Barracks was no surprise to anyone.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Lets keep the focus on the items Gents. Thanks! Don't want this thread going off the rails.

I agree that it's important to highlight the danger of these and what needs to be done if and when they are found again. But as said, let's just keep the discussion on the items so we can all learn a bit.
    No disrespect intended......
    While I do generally tend to agree with this Sentiment there are a (very) few Situations where learning about relics is not necessarily the best approach (my opinion). ABC, NBC, CBRN, call them what you want, C is the cheapest, and simplest therefore also the most prevalent (and easiest to misuse)

I do not believe there is a lot one NEEDS to learn about 1L Steingutflaschen other than If it's sealed with anything other than Genuine Cork and bearing a Label saying Hagebuttenschnapps then don't lick it sniff it or touch it. Call your nearest HazMat or ATF Team. and do not remotely consider adding it to "your collection"

Very interesting finds! Be careful!
    I remember a story when 2 friends found WW1 shell with chemicals inside. They asked how to disarm it because they wanted it into collection

Very interesting, but the thought of taking one home to take pictures of fills me with terror. Not something I have, or would ever want to dig up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast