Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

garrett pin pointer

Article about: Hi guys,im off to Italy again in september,i was thinking of getting a Garrett pointer,just to wave over the surface really. How far do these pin pointer signals go down into the earth? I no

Default garrett pin pointer

Hi guys,im off to Italy again in september,i was thinking of getting a Garrett pointer,just to wave over the surface really.
    How far do these pin pointer signals go down into the earth?
    I no nothing about metal detecting and i might be barking up the wrong tree so please let me no
    I just want to bring something back for my son,bit of shrapnel,casing etc
    Cheers lads Adam

From what i have just read on the net it's only really useful to a couple of inches depth!...

Garrett Pro Pointer 6" depth : Garrett Pro Pointer Forum

Thanks Gunny

Quote by rabbitface View Post
    I no nothing about metal detecting and i might be barking up the wrong tree so please let me no
    This is the only tree related thing you need to detect. I've found loads of interesting rocks, pebbles and earthworms using my carefully honed natural dowsing skills.

garrett pin pointer
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    This is the only tree related thing you need to detect. I've found loads of interesting rocks, pebbles and earthworms using my carefully honed natural dowsing skills.

garrett pin pointer
    You've aged Ned!...

?

I've always been disappointed with pinpointers. I tried using one in conjunction with my regular detector, but I found it much more effective to just narrow down my search area without it. Were you looking into a pinpointer because of its convenient size for travel?

?

If You can find the object with the pointer You will be able to see it with Your eyes.They will not detect as such but will help You to find the object once on the surface.

Quote by lew07 View Post
    If You can find the object with the pointer You will be able to see it with Your eyes.They will not detect as such but will help You to find the object once on the surface.
    I thoroughly concur. It's about as useful as one of these from what I can gather.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

privatespam
    ?

depends on size of object,but in my experience using in conjunction with metal detector ,about 3to 8 inch,but real drawback is how much ground you can sweep,bit like digging a hole with a spoon instead of a spade ,invest in some knee pads my friend feel you will need them!

Only useful for pinpointing an object once you have used an MD to find it, and even then not terribly useful. I have used one and found it useful to scan spoil for small finds, but otherwise it speeds up recovery slightly. Absolutely no use at all for 'finding' objects on its own.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast