Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have car, will travel, new sites required !

Article about: did a see a philbrown??

Default Have car, will travel, new sites required !

Hi, I would like to meet or share information with like minded metal detectorists interested in Relic finds, I have a car and am willing to travel, pick people up and share costs etc, I am close to Benfleet in Essex.
    Would like to look in U.K (or abroad) areas where permission has been granted or where none is required, Old Camps, Training areas, Pow Camps, Airfields etc.
    I have my own equiptment and tools, so if you know of an area and would like to accompany me to share finds that wouldnt be a problem.
    I have tried metal detecting clubs, but all they seem to want to do is get you to pay £5.00 to walk round a farmers field looking for old coins, and that is of zero interest to me.
    Please respond by Private Message
    Many thanks, Andy.

Default Re: Have car, will travel, new sites required !

I remember this from Junior School !!!!!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

BAGSIE NOT FIRST !

Steve T

Hi,
    I am quite new in the blog, but I think that Bentely reised an issue. Many people want to make battlefield archeology but the good areas are not everywere. Of course anyone can take a military history book and a map and move up and down for Europe, but the limits to do this are time (you can spend months before to get on the right area) and money (all this time means money spent for nothing).
    Why do not organize "relic hunting" were people meets to clear an area? The benefit would be that huge parts of battlefields could be cleared and organized as "open sky museums" and the participants could really enjoy the activity with low costs.
    This is just an idea. What do you think ?

appie
    ?

I only know sites in France, Belgium, Holland and Germany.

Quote by ivojima View Post
    Hi,
    I am quite new in the blog, but I think that Bentely reised an issue. Many people want to make battlefield archeology but the good areas are not everywere. Of course anyone can take a military history book and a map and move up and down for Europe, but the limits to do this are time (you can spend months before to get on the right area) and money (all this time means money spent for nothing).
    Why do not organize "relic hunting" were people meets to clear an area? The benefit would be that huge parts of battlefields could be cleared and organized as "open sky museums" and the participants could really enjoy the activity with low costs.
    This is just an idea. What do you think ?
    I am not into detecting anything on fields, but I know some places worth to do so...I think!!
    But I can imagine buses of relic seakers being unloaded on such a place, leaving big holes and lots of waste. And attracting the public opinion in a negative way.That would only damage thise kind of hobby.

I appriciate the interest in detecting, but i think i'm right in saying, if you have a site, you keep it to yourself for the most part. I know when i used to detect in France. I wouldn't tell ANYONE where it was.

PHILBROWN
    ?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I know when i used to detect in France. I wouldn't tell ANYONE where it was.
    i thought everyone new where france was

I walked into that one

You sure did!
    Tom

That was funny, very refreshing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Have car, will travel, new sites required !  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast