Catawiki - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Magnet fishing

Article about: Hi Fancied trying out some magnet fishing but where to start??? Lots of battle sites here in Eastern Germany but also lots of rivers and lakes in the middle of these sites. Any suggestions o

Magnet fishinguse to work on a scallop boat out of Virginia, back in 1986. I pulled up one of these in a net. We drudge the bottom to find scallops. I forgot about it until today while reading some threads. I kept it around for years but lost it along the way never knew what it was till today ( internet) mortar..... it was missing the Finns when I found it. M49A2

Quote by Panzernutter View Post
    Magnet fishinguse to work on a scallop boat out of Virginia, back in 1986. I pulled up one of these in a net. We drudge the bottom to find scallops. I forgot about it until today while reading some threads. I kept it around for years but lost it along the way never knew what it was till today ( internet) mortar..... it was missing the Finns when I found it. M49A2
    If I was in your shoes I think I'd have been happier never knowing.

If you've lost a 60mm Mortar... Someone else might find it again! But who? And at what cost?

I'm sorry but... Ignorance really is Bliss as long as nothing goes wrong.

Stay safe,

Dragging an old subject back up, apparently the lessons of the past are destined to be forgotten. (In German unfortunately)
    https://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/i...4a8a86841.html

Quote by Teck 147 View Post
    Dragging an old subject back up, apparently the lessons of the past are destined to be forgotten. (In German unfortunately)
    https://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/i...4a8a86841.html
    Yep the point that idiots keep doing this is a valid one but the journalist wants sacking for such dull copy,

"A magnet fisher found a hand grenade. The Police were called. They took it away" End of ditty and the suggestion seems to be that disruption was minimal "Alles in ordnung" That's hardly going to make people think is it?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yep the point that idiots keep doing this is a valid one but the journalist wants sacking for such dull copy,

"A magnet fisher found a hand grenade. The Police were called. They took it away" End of ditty and the suggestion seems to be that disruption was minimal "Alles in ordnung" That's hardly going to make people think is it?

Regards

Mark
    You're right about the reporting... It's a Copy and Paste of the Police Statement.
    I think the main Person that doesn't want a repeat is the one who suited up and dealt with it in 30° Heat.
    Mad part is the Clowns had council approval and are planning to do it again on 26 June

Nicht verstehn MSO Bielefeld! This does not have anything to do with this but just remembering it made me laugh!

Sorry!
    R

Quote by Teck 147 View Post
    You're right about the reporting... It's a Copy and Paste of the Police Statement.
    I think the main Person that doesn't want a repeat is the one who suited up and dealt with it in 30° Heat.
    Mad part is the Clowns had council approval and are planning to do it again on 26 June
    That's exactly it. The press will say they are neutral and can only what was actually given to them in a press release.

Personally I think they are being a little selective in that regard

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by vegetius View Post
    Nicht verstehn MSO Bielefeld! This does not have anything to do with this but just remembering it made me laugh!

Sorry!
    R
    Hahaha! Me too, it wasn't just their cap badge that was a bit solid

A little deviation (from the topic ) does you good sometimes

Magnet fishing

Regards

Mark

Alles in ordnung implying at least it didn't go bang, as far as the KMRD are concerned.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8