Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

12th SS k98 bayonet

Article about: Hi I was wondering the best way to prevent rust appearing on the above and how to preserve the wooden grip. I dont handle my items without gloves and have put those little packs that absorb

?

Default 12th SS k98 bayonet

Hi

I was wondering the best way to prevent rust appearing on the above and how to preserve the wooden grip. I dont handle my items without gloves and have put those little packs that absorb moisture in and around my cabinet. I bought another standard k98 bayonet with oil on the blade a few years ago and was wondering if that's the way to go? Cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 12th SS k98 bayonet
    P
    Many

Can you show us pictures of the bayonet?

?

We really need to see some photos of this bayonet , hopefully it isn't what many of us here think it is !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Not one of these I hope!

12th SS k98 bayonet

?

Sadly i think it's going to be !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

I still havent opened it out of the packaging. It's been lying around for a few months now. If I had to guess from memory I'd say it's most like the top one with the single S rune with the wooden handle. Sounding like i've made a whoopsie buying this. What's the history behind these fakes? I bought it off a dealer but I suppose I really should have done my research beforehand 😔

You have recieved a package and not opened it for months? I could never do that, i have to tear them right open!
    As far as i know these pieces are real WW2 bayonets which have been fake engraved to make them more valuable, ironically making them less money worth in the process...

?

These began being done in the 1970's in the UK , they are all fantasy items i'm afraid , bayonets like this never existed in the Third Reich , whats worse a lot of nice original K 98 bayonets were ruined to produce these fakes . If you bought this from a dealer you need to ask for a refund no dealer should be selling these as original !

1st July 1916

?

I bought it off Chelmsford Militaria. That guy was in a UK programme called Combat Dealers so I thought he had a bit of credibility. I wonder how he would respond if I asked for a refund? Not well I would imagine. How do i upload photos and I'll share them tomorrow? I've just unwrapped it and taken a few. Its definitely a fake. I feel stupid. It didnt cost mega money (£195) but I'm not rich either so I'm peeved!

How about it Neill ?

Can you post a few photos soon or I will have to close this thread and will be useless.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast