Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

43 CRS Bayonet

Article about: Hello All! A friend of mine got this bayonet from his father who returned from WW2 any info would be appreciated as well as estimate of possible value. I know very little about these but thi

?

Default 43 CRS Bayonet

Hello All!
    A friend of mine got this bayonet from his father who returned from WW2 any info would be appreciated as well as estimate of possible value. I know very little about these but think it was made by Paul Weyersburg and Co.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
    Dennist
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 43 CRS Bayonet   43 CRS Bayonet  

43 CRS Bayonet   43 CRS Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 43 CRS Bayonet
    P
    Many

Well all the bits are authentic and in fair/average condition. The scabbard series number doesn't match the bayonet, but that's not uncommon, even with vet souvenirs. The frog is correct era as well, but a bit worn. A look at any dealer website would give you an idea of value, based on condition. Not being matching numbers will reduce the value.

?

Thank you for your input!!!

Hello,
    Could you please ask your friend about the maker and year of production of the frog ?
    Markings are at the back
    Thanks in advance
    Too bad about the broken retaining strap for the bayonet handle...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

I will!

In aggreement with JPhilip ...see if you can get photos as well of the reverse side if there are any remaining markings which your friend may not be able to judge..but the sharp eyes of the Bayo guys here can quickly identify.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

43crs looks ok, the scabbard is a missmatch, most real mixed by capturing, the frog with scabbard from one complet and bayonet from other.

?

Here is a picture of the back of the frog...and a belt that he also has
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 43 CRS Bayonet   43 CRS Bayonet  

43 CRS Bayonet