Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.

Article about: I disagree on this, Belgian scabbards have a round base on hook, this is certainly not a belgian FN Fal scabbard, that was used by some reproductions, detailed pictures would help, but body

Default An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.

An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.
    P
    Many

?

Looks good to me

?

Looks good to me too

Hill

A few oddities I see. I'm suspicious of the scabbard; the matt black paint, size of throat screw, rounded edge to the throat piece all suggest to me post war.
    The bayonet itself; poor photos don't help but the mortice lock button seems a little long, be interesting to see pommel photographed at a different angle.

Default Sorry for the poor quality of the photos, here are more photos of the pommel, hope this helps.

An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.An alcoso dress bayonet k98, i need to know if it is original or fake.

Thanks for the extra photos, the bayonet is good, but don't think the scabbard is the original.

?

Scabbard could be refurbished evidently the mouth screw and mouth piece looks strange, the overall finish could be repainted. The KS98 was sharpened on edge which is not proper for a dress piece.

Thank you very much for the information, so the bayonet could be original from ww2?

?

The dress bayonet could be on TM dated pre 1939.

The scabbard may be from another bayonet type. There are a number of non German types that use a very similar scabbard for example some of the FN post war bayonets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast