Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with K98 bayonet and Frog

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts of authenticity of my K98 Bayonet and frog please. As always, many thanks in advance.

Default Assistance with K98 bayonet and Frog

Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts of authenticity of my K98 Bayonet and frog please. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with K98 bayonet and Frog   Assistance with K98 bayonet and Frog  

Assistance with K98 bayonet and Frog   Assistance with K98 bayonet and Frog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with K98 bayonet and Frog
    P
    Many

Hello Kieth..appears to be a decent example ...seen alot of battle situations ...in its current condition.
    Check and see if there matching numbers or any number for that matter on the upper part of the scabbard near the throat.

The Bayo Gents will be along shortly to give you further and deeper detail.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Fairly worn, but an authentic S 84/98 bayonet. Under the frog there will be marks on the scabbard that will show if bayonet & scabbard are matching maker and serial number. The frog is also correct for the bayonet, one grip screw obviously has been replaced at some time.

?

Grips screws are wrong way mounted, head should be on left side of bayonet, i assume one countersunk was replaced with 6 edge countersunk, the parts could be missmatch, blade could be sharpened, but otherway the frog is ok.