Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet - Identify

Article about: Hi guys, Can you please explain what the letters and numbers on the below bayonet mean. On one side it reads 42 fze, on the other 5782. It was found in the Vitebsk area. Thank you

Default Bayonet - Identify

Hi guys,

Can you please explain what the letters and numbers on the below bayonet mean. On one side it reads 42 fze, on the other 5782. It was found in the Vitebsk area.

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet - Identify   Bayonet - Identify  

Bayonet - Identify  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet - Identify
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bayonet - Identify

It's a German K98 bayonet.

5782 is the serial number, and fze is the manufacturer stamp (although not sure who fze are)

42 fze - Manufactured in 1942 by F.W. Holler, Solingen.

By the way, check the rim of the scabbard.... it may have a matching serial number to the bayonet, which would be great!

Thanks, Lee!

Too bad I had to leave the thing in Belarus this summer - will have to think about the way to bring it over to the UK. Unfortunately I don't rememeber the scabbard having any numbers on it...

Quote by Flint1701 View Post
    Thanks, Lee!

Too bad I had to leave the thing in Belarus this summer - will have to think about the way to bring it over to the UK. Unfortunately I don't rememeber the scabbard having any numbers on it...
    Damn bloody Gestapo customs!!!!

I'd pack it up real good, and post it mate! Either that or drive back from Belarus and temporally 'lose it' in your car, and then amazingly 'find it again' once back in England!

Kibuvillu
    ?

Quote by Flint1701 View Post
    Hi guys,

Can you please explain what the letters and numbers on the below bayonet mean. On one side it reads 42 fze, on the other 5782. It was found in the Vitebsk area.

Thank you
    Hi! This bayonet made by F.W.Höller, war time code (1941-45) is fze and 42 is a year the bayonet was made. Please have a look all makers and markings from web page! k98 bayonets data and registry

AS

This is a german Seitengewehr 84/98 - Bayonet 84/98. A 98k bayonet never existed.

Unfortunately, the condition is very bad.

As already written fze is the production code for the Waffenfabrik FW Höller, Solingen.

Regards

?

SW is correct, the condition is out of blueing and was cleaned, i assume the frog is a repro piece. heavy beaten war horse was cleaned.