Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet with red ss runes

Article about: Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on a German bayonet I saw once at a gun show. It had red ss runes on the handle. I was wondering if this was a legitimate bayonet

Default Bayonet with red ss runes

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on a German bayonet I saw once at a gun show. It had red ss runes on the handle. I was wondering if this was a legitimate bayonet or possibly altered? Unfortunately I don't have a picture so I understand that a definitive answer can't be given. It was either a dress bayonet or possibly a K98 mauser. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks so much

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet with red ss runes
    P
    Many

Have you tried a search of this section to see if anything similar has been posted in the past?
    There are many previous threads for references.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here is a thread about an original bayonet with fake runes.

OPINIONS on this SS Bayonet

Short answer is; very unlikely to be authentic TR era marks. Most of these marks on bayonets were added post WW2.

Quote by Davil666 View Post
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on a German bayonet I saw once at a gun show. It had red ss runes on the handle. I was wondering if this was a legitimate bayonet or possibly altered? Unfortunately I don't have a picture so I understand that a definitive answer can't be given. It was either a dress bayonet or possibly a K98 mauser. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks so much
    Hello,

Unfortunately, you can't say anything here without pictures.

But, from my experience, such decorations were mostly created after 1945 to upgrade the bayonet for sale to a not knowing person.

It has become worthless for collectors.

Regards

?

handle addition of any art are typical postwar period, on KS98 could be added by owner or more real by seller to higher the value