Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Eickhorn dress bayonet modificated

Article about: hello collectors, today I accidentally spotted photographs of this bayonet which has a modified grip. it should be the cross of the Slovak state (a war name for Slovakia that was with the Na

?

Default Carl Eickhorn dress bayonet modificated

hello collectors, today I accidentally spotted photographs of this bayonet which has a modified grip. it should be the cross of the Slovak state (a war name for Slovakia that was with the Nazis) and I wonder if it is an original war adjustment or postwar. in my opinion it is a post-war adjustment beyond vision to increase the price of the bayonet. please for comments, and thank you in advanceCarl Eickhorn dress bayonet modificatedCarl Eickhorn dress bayonet modificatedCarl Eickhorn dress bayonet modificatedCarl Eickhorn dress bayonet modificatedCarl Eickhorn dress bayonet modificated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Eickhorn dress bayonet modificated
    P
    Many

I agree with you; original KS 98 but post war addition of grip badge, which in my mind devalues it. Note the Eickhorn trademark is the earlier version of this type with the "coiled tail", later versions show the tail without the coil, most likely produced 1935/36

?

Mr. Anderson thanks for your comment

Hi there,

the question is not that simple.

First of all: It is definitely an individual handicraft.

It is important here how the support is attached in the handle.
    Glued or clipped?

In case of clipped I can not 100% rule out that it was done before 1945.

Slovaks voluntarily served in the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS. It was not uncommon for them to emphasize their origin with such decorations.

" It was not uncommon for them to emphasize their origin with such decorations."

I'd love to see some, evidence of this, such as period photos of KS 98 decorated with such an insignia. Very difficult to be sure just how it is attached (or when) without some invasive tests, I can't see any evidence of glue (though it may be glued), but it could be screwed in. Such bayonets with hilt decorations I would avoid if there is no provenance.