Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Crossed Out Serial Number with Foreign Numbers On Pommel & Crosspiece

Article about: Just bought this 98k bayonet recently, it’s a cof 1944 bayonet with a mismatched cul 1943 scabbard. Got two WaA519 waffenstamp on the pommel as well. But the interesting parts are the fore

Default Crossed Out Serial Number with Foreign Numbers On Pommel & Crosspiece

Need Help

Just bought this 98k bayonet recently, it’s a cof 1944 bayonet with a mismatched cul 1943 scabbard. Got two WaA519 waffenstamp on the pommel as well.

But the interesting parts are the foreign numbers on the crossguard, pommel and a strikethrough serial number. Initialy i thought it could be a Portugese export model, but then i realised the export happened in 193X & 1941, which this 1944 piece could not be a part of. So i wonder if anybody knows which country reissued the 98k bayonets this way, or your piece also have simular conditions, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crossed Out Serial Number with Foreign Numbers On Pommel & Crosspiece   Crossed Out Serial Number with Foreign Numbers On Pommel & Crosspiece  

Crossed Out Serial Number with Foreign Numbers On Pommel & Crosspiece   Crossed Out Serial Number with Foreign Numbers On Pommel & Crosspiece  

Last edited by Delusional Bayonet; 03-20-2023 at 01:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Crossed Out Serial Number with Foreign Numbers On Pommel & Crosspiece
    P
    Many

?

Looks like normal late war production piece, made by Eickhorn in 1944, the both new serials on crossguard and on pommel could be from postwar use by one eastblock country.

yeah thats why im wondering which country it is haha

?

I would to tend to 2 countries as possible user, Bulgaria and Romania. Both used pommel serialing on their bayonets.

sadly got no luck on Bulgaria and Romania atm, but i did found a bayonet with simular conditions, its got new serials on pommel, and the distinguishable strikethrough on the original serials, seems like theres one particular country that would do that and mine wasnt an isolated incident too. Thanks for your ideas and ill keep looking

(MAUSER 98K BAYONET KNIFE WWII 43 ASW & SCABBARD |

Guns & Military Artifacts

Knives, Blades & Tools

Fixed Blades

| Online Auctions | Proxibid
    )

?

Yes this is nearly identical piece to Yours. The 43asw is origin condition and with original grips. There exist a possibility the pcs could be reused postwar in Norway, normally they should have prefixes, anyway when found matching bayonet-scabbard, it could be different explanation. By Ostblock pcs dont bother about serialing of bayonet and scabbard. Same as they were more time refurbished.
    Question is where You found the bayonet, from what area it comes.