Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

DD asw

Article about: Hallo I'm about to buy this DD asw bayonet 43 and scabbard 44 and the seller says the numbers are stamped incorrectly at the factory ?, what do you think? ... the seller says - ''I say this

?

Default DD asw

Hallo

I'm about to buy this DD asw bayonet 43 and scabbard 44 and the seller says the numbers are stamped incorrectly at the factory ?, what do you think? ... the seller says - ''I say this is a matching set that was incorrectly numbered at the factory''

Best regards

jtns63
    Attached Images Attached Images DD asw  DD asw 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD asw
    P
    Many

Although the same producer its still mismatched by 1 production year.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

As the IMO best informed "keeper of record" for data on these bayonets I would like to see some input from AndyB. Factory mismatches not impossible but very rarely seen as for example with a 1943 bayonet from this maker where a "5" and "6" last number with a quick glance could be confused. Here I'm not getting the same feeling with the "1" and the "6", which is where some input from AndyB could be helpful. As for the two different (1943/1944) date stamps that over time has caused some confusion. For Hörster (asw) in this serial number range it's completely legitimate and is found in the "t", "u" "v" blocks along with some outliers. It was apparently because for some reason they could not get new or replacement stamps and they decided to use for a short time an obsolete "out of service" 1943 stamp for the blades. Some other makers for both guns and bayonets ground off the "3" of preexisting 1943 stamps, and for a time used just a "4" as a date stamp. Best Regards, Fred

It is not a factory mismatch IMHO. The seller is not telling the truth IMHO.

John

These E & F Horster/asw double dates are well know and accepted as Fred explains. The U series was included and to my mind the bayonet has not been tampered with. There is a 50 unit difference in the serials which may not be a factory stamping mistake but a subsequent armoury level mismatching.

DD aswDD asw

?

same opinion, looks like a 43/44asw configuration piece, which was missmatched by units or by GI s when it captured, majority of these are unused or only minor used.

Hello,

that is correct. Is is an overlapping production at the turn of the year. You see that often at asw / Hörster.

greetings