Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

DOT42-3 like commercial Czech Bayonet Wartime?

Article about: by Sleepwalker Romania gets vz24 bayontes since 1941, not after the war. But the Romanians refresh a lot of this bayontes after 1945 (but not all). It is a matter of fakt, that wie have not

Default Re: DOT42-3 like commercial Czech Bayonet Wartime?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Romania gets vz24 bayontes since 1941, not after the war. But the Romanians refresh a lot of this bayontes after 1945 (but not all). It is a matter of fakt, that wie have not enoght informations. The rest is Spekulation. The variations with german acceptance are known.
    The "945" Bayonets never seen with german acaptence. But they have a Romanian one between the grips (were usualy the czech or the WaA63 were placed)

Can you please made photos of the angle between the grips?
    Sleepwalker, Romania is reported as having a large contract in 1938. With ex-Romanian Vz 24 rifles reported from as early as the 1920's (no doubt ex-Czech weapons) through the 1930's with a larger batch 1938 dated, but even more interesting extending into 1939 (from Bystrica). And that is just part of an extract from information I collected 10 (?) years ago.

Almost as old is an image* of what I hope you are looking for. Which is the Romanian marking on the spine of the "dot 43" I posted. So while I have other OEM CZ contract items, it's the only one I have from Romania. Having the same mismatched (in color) grip plates that you see with some of the "dot 43" Waffenamted bayonets. (* One of the few times I was able to get the camera to do what I wanted it to do.) Best Regards, Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images DOT42-3 like commercial Czech Bayonet Wartime? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DOT42-3 like commercial Czech Bayonet Wartime?
    P
    Many

Romania gets vz24 bayontes since 1941, not after the war. But the Romanians refresh a lot of this bayontes after 1945 (but not all). It is a matter of fakt, that wie have not enoght informations. The rest is Spekulation. The variations with german acceptance are known.
    The "945" Bayonets never seen with german acaptence. But they have a Romanian one between the grips (were usualy the czech or the WaA63 were placed)

Can you please made photos of the angle between the grips?
    There are no markings between the grips on mine with the double circle "Z". I also liked the machine beveled edge of the frog nose on the WaA marked ones. Doug

Frogprince... it is also reported Romania get weapons (incl. vz24 bayontes) since 1941, First series with 945 stamp.

Frogprince... it is also reported Romania get weapons (incl. vz24 bayontes) since 1941, First series with 945 stamp.
    Sleepwalker, Yes, that would be the first identifiable series using a German number code, with 946 going to another Czech maker (but not Bystrica). Fred

"945" is the simple Form of the german S-Code. (Fertigungskennzeichen für Waffen, Munition und Gerät der Wehrmacht). "945" is the Code of Brünn.
    First produced for the Wehrmacht, this Seitengewehre were deliverd to the Romanians. But there is no WaA acceptance - because the Romanins proof itselfs. (in other cases - Export S84/98 to Portugal, Cina, Spain for Example, the Waffemamt proofs the Seitengewehre)

"945" is the simple Form of the german S-Code. (Fertigungskennzeichen für Waffen, Munition und Gerät der Wehrmacht). "945" is the Code of Brünn. First produced for the Wehrmacht, this Seitengewehre were deliverd to the Romanians. But there is no WaA acceptance - because the Romanins proof itselfs. (in other cases - Export S84/98 to Portugal, Cina, Spain for Example, the Waffemamt proofs the Seitengewehre)
    I think that we are in agreement that the “945” bayonets were never made for the Heer/Wehrmacht itself. But instead were contract pieces using the (at that time) German identifier for the CZ Brno factory. With the “945” code being assigned to the Tschoslowakische Waffenwerke A.-G.; Brünn Werk I - which seems incomplete but understandable as only 54 numbers were left on the list. With the Portuguese contract bayonets having Waffenamts, but no maker names. The Spanish with a (usually ground off) Waffenamt hidden underneath the grip, and no name. The Chinese received some rifles usually with Chinese proofs (many from rejected parts so there could be some residual markings), but as for identifiable bayonets (?).

German forces were in the Sudetenland in October of 1938, but did not gain access the to rest of the country until March of 1939. With the Heereswaffenamt inspectorate that was to supervise Ceskoslovenská Zbrojovka Brno still in Germany. But events move along, and the G. 33/40 with the “945” code was adopted on October 16, 1940 with production beginning that year and reaching the “d” block.

And from the Romanian Vz 24 rifle side of the equation: We see the crests of both King Carol, and Michael (who became the King on September 6, 1940). Scrubbed (markings ground off) receivers, 1939 dates, 1940 dates, sometimes a Czech Lion - all mixed up. With the bayonet side not much better. Vz 24 bayonets and/or scabbards with either added Romanian markings (besides if present any original CZ markings) or in known Romanian serial number groups. With of course the 945 and Circle/Z, but also 1938, 1939, 1940 dates. The CSZ/letter blocks and that was from just an old listing of roughly 50 bayonets that I had available. Best Regards, Fred

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    I think that we are in agreement that the “945” bayonets were never made for the Heer/Wehrmacht itself. But instead were contract pieces using the (at that time) German identifier for the CZ Brno factory. With the “945” code being assigned to the Tschoslowakische Waffenwerke A.-G.; Brünn Werk I - which seems incomplete but understandable as only 54 numbers were left on the list. With the Portuguese contract bayonets having Waffenamts, but no maker names. The Spanish with a (usually ground off) Waffenamt hidden underneath the grip, and no name. The Chinese received some rifles usually with Chinese proofs (many from rejected parts so there could be some residual markings), but as for identifiable bayonets (?).

German forces were in the Sudetenland in October of 1938, but did not gain access the to rest of the country until March of 1939. With the Heereswaffenamt inspectorate that was to supervise Ceskoslovenská Zbrojovka Brno still in Germany. But events move along, and the G. 33/40 with the “945” code was adopted on October 16, 1940 with production beginning that year and reaching the “d” block.

And from the Romanian Vz 24 rifle side of the equation: We see the crests of both King Carol, and Michael (who became the King on September 6, 1940). Scrubbed (markings ground off) receivers, 1939 dates, 1940 dates, sometimes a Czech Lion - all mixed up. With the bayonet side not much better. Vz 24 bayonets and/or scabbards with either added Romanian markings (besides if present any original CZ markings) or in known Romanian serial number groups. With of course the 945 and Circle/Z, but also 1938, 1939, 1940 dates. The CSZ/letter blocks and that was from just an old listing of roughly 50 bayonets that I had available. Best Regards, Fred
    I have both a "P" Series 1937 VZ24 with Romanian markings and one without Romanian or Czech Military markings that was directly from the vet who brought it back from a cave on Okinawa. I also have a "C" series 1937 that came from mainland Japan after the war. No bayonets but nice matching guns. Doug

Put it up on Ebay Nazi Commercial Bayonet by Waffenwerke Brünn AG (Povázská Bystrica,Slovakia) Exc | eBay for $300 and no takers. This guy here has a pile of different type and kinds on these Czech bayonets done up by the Nazis. I will try to get across the sound and get some pictures. He doesn't have this one but a pile of others I'm interested in. Maybe we can work out a trade. Doug

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3