Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double Etched Holler Dress Bayonet

Article about: Thanks for your post Larry, I fully agree with in-hand inspection!! When I posted this piece, the question should have been "assuming this is authentic" what is the value? I have b

?

Default Double Etched Holler Dress Bayonet

I purchased this bayo. a while back and would like to get an idea of what the current prices are. According to anything I can find close to it online, they are extremely high. Am I correct that this particular Recon Regiment was only in existence to the late 30s?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double Etched Holler Dress Bayonet   Double Etched Holler Dress Bayonet  

Double Etched Holler Dress Bayonet   Double Etched Holler Dress Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Etched Holler Dress Bayonet
    P
    Many

Very nice piece. Don't know the details of that regiment, but $500 would be a fair price I would guess.

?

Thanks for your reply. I don't know how rare the Aufklarungs marked bayonets are but I am seeing more common Wehrmacht double etched pieces, that aren't nearly as detailed selling in the low $1000s with rarer Wehrmacht, Panzer, & Luftwaffe reaching the mid to high $1000s so $500 may be a little low. That being said, I do very much appreciate your response.

Best Regards, Ed.

Very nice, the double etch bayos are pricey, this one looks very cool, over 1000 is a good start, condition or course matters.

So many etched bayonets were made in England in the 1970's, that every time I see one, my antennas immediately go up. Not to be mistaken, they did, indeed, etch bayonets-usually for veterans to remember their service time, but the genuine pieces generally have extremely high quality and detailed etching on them, and with this particular piece, I'm just not seeing the quality there. The tanks, men and guns on it are crudely executed-almost to a cartoony aspect-and are depicting images of things that are difficult to even identify as to what they are. What kind of tank, for example, is this one shown? The ports in it are crooked and the gun is almost nonexistent. And the howitzer crew? They are wearing gasmasks? The machine gun crew are grotesquely drawn and resemble characters in a Minstrel show.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this one-to give it to a veteran with etchings like these would be an insult to him.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Wagriff, Thanks for your reply to this, along with my I.D. disc post. With all do respect, the " Memory Of My Service' side that you refer to is a fairly standard pattern that Holler used, gas masks and all (check out the post by member Hal on 10-31-2009 entitled 2 short bayonets by Holler-1 engraved. The tank that I assume you are referring to on the opposite side is a Six Wheel Sd.Kfz "Schwerer Panzerspahganen" that was commonly used for reconnaissance (aufklarungs) missions. I understand that looking at photos can be very deceptive but in-hand inspection of this bayo., frog, and scabbard leaves little doubt of its authenticity. Best, Ed.

Well then, I'm glad that you like it! That's the main thing, hey?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I must admit that I have never seen such type of armored car, as etched motif on Holler dress bayonet.
    Honestly these etching - I do not like too much, its no a Holler style.
    If it is an original etching, then you have extra rare bayonet.

Regards
    Vedran

Don't mind saying I avoid them unless I know the vet they came from. Wayne Techt I may not be spelling his name right has a good book on them German Etched Bayonets I have read a copy of it he shows all the engraving patterns by the different companies most of the etched collectors say it is a must have book to collect. All I can say about your KS98 is it is a original Holler with the proper dress frog
    timothy

These Etched bayonets need to be seen by hand..and not judged by photo images...not unless there are those who can identify the etch just by looking at it. These are very difficult and like a science to know the small details expected in an etch process. Regards Lary
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast