Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dress bayonet with French emblem

Article about: Hi I know not the best image, would anyone know what the emblem on handle is please.. French ?? Soldier applied ?? Only photo I have presently Thanks Fraser

Default Dress bayonet with French emblem

Hi
    I know not the best image, would anyone know what the emblem on handle is please..
    French ?? Soldier applied ??
    Only photo I have presently
    Thanks
    Fraser
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dress bayonet with French emblem  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress bayonet with French emblem
    P
    Many

?

It appears to be a regimental distinctive insignia, from an American military unit.. (at a guess).
    Unfortunately, I am unable to confirm or identify this, at present, as most of my reference books are at the other end of the country!

Many thanks, makes sense as it's in a group of WW2 German blades I'm trying to get from the USA..appreciate your input..

Hi Fritzi

Who are the producers on both of those blades ?

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, I've no idea, I'm waiting on seller to send better images of bayonets, 2 SS, 1 DJ Hunting dagger, 1 sword and NSDAP gorget
    I'll post when old guy replies
    Cheers
    Fraser

?

The left one looks like very early KS98, possible imperial period.

Hi Andy...would you say the one of the left looks to be Gebr Heller?

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi there,

could you please put a better picture of the coat of arms.

A lily does not necessarily mean France.
    Similar coats of arms still exist in Germany today. It reminds very much like the coat of arms of the municipality of Differter.

Dress bayonet with French emblem

The bayonet itself is an early extra piece from the First World War with triple riveted leather grip panels.

?

It could be so with the crest,but not clear visible of the shield,i would tend to doubble row maker,could be Hoerster or other.unfortunally not visible details here.

I’m about 95% positive that is a US Army DUI on the handle but can’t remember which one. Searching now…..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast