MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Dresss KS98

Article about: Hi friends! I need help with this bayonet. I think to buy it. What do you think. Regards Dok

Dok
    ?

Default Dresss KS98

Hi friends! I need help with this bayonet. I think to buy it. What do you think.
    Regards
    Dok
    Dresss KS98
    Dresss KS98
    Dresss KS98
    Dresss KS98
    Dresss KS98
    Dresss KS98
    Dresss KS98
    Dresss KS98
    Dresss KS98

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dresss KS98
    P
    Many

A very nice Anton Wingen jr dress/walking out bayonet of the "Pioneer" type, which closely matches the look of the combat S 84/98. This type was private purchase and not as many were sold as for the bird head pommel type. They weren't only bought by Pioneer units but they are not as common and for a collector a good one to have. If the price is reasonable, be well worth buying. Frog is not patent leather, probably a repro.

Dok
    ?

Anderson thanks so much for the opinion. With a bayonet, everything is clear to me. Question about the frog - it doesn't seem like a repro
    Dresss KS98
    Dresss KS98

I think I would date it as Weimar Republic era, mainly based on the carved horn grip plates. The snap button appears like one of the Stocko type seen on HJ knives so could be early 1930's. The mark is the abbreviated type use on small blade surfaces, and certainly was used in early 1930's.

?

Question on the Extra S84/98 first pictured is the handle magnetic or not, looks like Zinc cast handle, but it could be earlier. The frog looks like a repro.

New thread started for member Reibert here > Anton Wingen Dress bayonet
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

IMO frog is a repo