Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

E.u.F. Hörster K98k Bayonet - What do you think?

Article about: Good eve, folks! I'd like to share one of my recent bayonet pick-ups. I'm no bayonet expert by any means, but this one looks good and all matching to me. Please let me know if you see anythi

Default E.u.F. Hörster K98k Bayonet - What do you think?

Good eve, folks!

I'd like to share one of my recent bayonet pick-ups. I'm no bayonet expert by any means, but this one looks good and all matching to me. Please let me know if you see anything amiss. Thanks much! Some info:

E.u.F. Hörster marked bayonet
    Matching serial numbers on scabbard and bayonet (1530 d, I believe?)
    WaA marked 253 at several points on both the scabbard and bayonet
    WaA 253 indicates the weapon inspectors at E.u.F. Hörster, unless I'm mistaken
    Black/very dark brown bakelite grips
    Unmarked black leather frog - might be something very worn and faint on the back, but nothing I can possibly make out

E.u.F. Hörster K98k Bayonet - What do you think?E.u.F. Hörster K98k Bayonet - What do you think?
    E.u.F. Hörster K98k Bayonet - What do you think?E.u.F. Hörster K98k Bayonet - What do you think?

Thanks for looking!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement E.u.F. Hörster K98k Bayonet - What do you think?
    P
    Many

Nice Bayo DF

Nice to see matching numbers...but sharper studied eyes prevail with the Bayo Gents and delve deeply into detail.

Hang tight they will be along shortly!

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Nice Bayo DF

Nice to see matching numbers...but sharper studied eyes prevail with the Bayo Gents and delve deeply into detail.

Hang tight they will be along shortly!

Regards Larry
    Thanks, Larry! Always nice to see you in my threads.
    I picked this one up for a very good price not wanting to lose it, and only afterwards realized it was matching. Whatta deal!
    I'm fairly confident there's nothing suspect about this one, but we'll see what the bayo-masters say.

A tidy example of a Horster S84/98. You don't show the year date from the spine so I'll guess 38 or 39. The WaA253 wasn't unique to Horster, it is a Solingen inspection number used between 1938-40. Nice correct frog as well. What's not to like here?

?

Looks like normal matching piece S84/98 with a leather frog.

Luv the overall look of this tidy example,very clean indeed,thanks for sharing.........

Hello,

the S84/98 and the frog are both ok.

Regards

Quote by Anderson View Post
    A tidy example of a Horster S84/98. You don't show the year date from the spine so I'll guess 38 or 39. The WaA253 wasn't unique to Horster, it is a Solingen inspection number used between 1938-40. Nice correct frog as well. What's not to like here?
    Thanks for having a look, Anderson. I've followed many of your posts and value your input! Not surprisingly, you're correct about the date on the spine:

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Looks like normal matching piece S84/98 with a leather frog.
    Thanks Andy!

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Luv the overall look of this tidy example,very clean indeed,thanks for sharing.........
    Glad you like it! Definitely one of the cleanest bayonets I own.

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello, the S84/98 and the frog are both ok. Regards
    Thanks for your comment - I'm happy to have them in my collection!

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    WaA inspectors ( with their unique codes) were only assigned a short period to a factory, after that they moved to another plant.
    This was done so that they could not bond with the CEO's of the factory, all done so they could not be easily bribed.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast