MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Etched Bayonet

Article about: Please give your opinions on the etched dress bayonet it has Solingen stamped on the blade but no makers mark. Thanks for any input z4.

?

"i'm not an expert but the only thing that i've learned from Techet?s book is that when the etch presents some missing parts is a big red flag "

Great attention to detail!

Jim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched Bayonet
    P
    Many

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Etched bayonets are tricky, as the etch is only as clean and crisp as the craftsman doing the work, so there can be variances in every etch. If anyone ever hopes to own an etched bayo Wayne Techets book is a must. That being said, I thought I have seen this very same etch discussed as fantasy before, but don't remember where. Here is an old auction listing it as a postwar etch on a period ks98:
    UKAuctioneers.com | Antiques | Auctions | Britain | England | Online | Catalogue
    Lot 403b
    Personally, I can't say for sure one way or the other, especially looking at pictures, but I would say I'm not too keen on it. The other thing that bothers me is the grips. They just don't have the texture and color I like to see. It's not uncommon for the reverse grip to be plain and less figured, but the obverse grip usually has some figuring and color to it. These almost look like bone that has been carved a little. But, still hard for me to say absolutely bad from pictures alone.

Hope I haven't completely confused the issue,

Jim
    No more to add than my collegue Jim has not said I have always avoided them unless I know where it came from such as the Vet too many bad ones floating around. Wayne Techets book would be a must if I was going to pursue them. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2