Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Etched Dress Bayonet Opinions Please

Article about: This is the etched dress bayonet I picked up this weekend with the SA Dagger that I posted last week and DRK Hewer. The maker is EMF Horster. It looks good to me but my experience with etche

Default Etched Dress Bayonet Opinions Please

This is the etched dress bayonet I picked up this weekend with the SA Dagger that I posted last week and DRK Hewer. The maker is EuF Horster. It looks good to me but my experience with etched bayo's is limited. I assuming this is missing the felt filler piece. The blade length is 10" so I am not sure if considered a short or a long. Hopefully the photos are adequate. Taking pictures of the edge was challenging to me. All thoughts and opinions are welcome and appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Etched Dress Bayonet Opinions PleaseEtched Dress Bayonet Opinions PleaseEtched Dress Bayonet Opinions PleaseEtched Dress Bayonet Opinions PleaseEtched Dress Bayonet Opinions PleaseEtched Dress Bayonet Opinions PleaseEtched Dress Bayonet Opinions PleaseEtched Dress Bayonet Opinions Please
    Last edited by Rescue190; 10-12-2020 at 01:44 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched Dress Bayonet Opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

Hello, weren’t these engraved after the war? I think this one has a chance of being real, but I’m basing that by the engravings which aren’t that ridiculous. Raul

I think these were produced during war time. Not 100% sure but I do not think the swastika was allowed to be used post war.
    John

Im not liking that hokey looking Horster stamped logo. very sloppy
    Anderson , Sleepwalker and Fred have sharper eyes with the etchings on these bayos.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The photos not the best for evaluation. Really only the etching matters as that the bulk of the value. This is a FW Holler etching (Nr ES 102) known to be supplied to Horster, by Holler. In fact the whole bayonet may have be made by Holler, in a contract arrangement. The Horster mark should really be shown seperately, but it's possible Holler stamped the mark, hence some possible imperfections. As for the etching it matches others seen on Horster KS98. This was an Infantry service pattern.
    IMO it is good.

Thank you for the information Anderson. I am posting a couple more pics as well.
    John

Etched Dress Bayonet Opinions PleaseEtched Dress Bayonet Opinions Please

All good. A nice etched KS98, with correct dress frog.

Thanks again Anderson.
    John

Nice bayonet you pick up John.