Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.

Article about: Dear colleagues, I need your expert conclusion. My friend have interesting bayonet with etching and engraved. I can't found this motif in any sourses ( PS catalog and Techet books). The engr

?

Default Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.

Dear colleagues, I need your expert conclusion.
    My friend have interesting bayonet with etching and engraved. I can't found this motif in any sourses ( PS catalog and Techet books). The engraving was gold plated and late added.

Whats you mean

1. Dedication original or not.
    2. The etching very seldom motif. I can't found like it.

Any opinions welcom.

Maybe someone can be translate, it was award for shooting or other.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.   Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.  

Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.   Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.
    P
    Many

?

Scan from Catalog and etching fragments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.   Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.  

Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.  

?

Engraving fragments.

If you need more pictures, please request.

Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.   Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.  

Den, It seems to be a typical "For My Service" bayonet that to me seems to be OK, acknowledging that these are not really my speciality. For the inscription it looks to me like it's most probably rotary engraving - that from my perspective is problematic. The attached image showing what some of the cutting tool/bits (burrs) look like. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Extra-Seitengewehr Paul Seilheimer with dedication and etching.  

You are probably aware that Paul Seilheimer was one of the makers that is known to have sourced etching templates from F.W.Holler company. The problem is this is not a F W Holler remembrance design. It is reasonably competently etched, though slightly misaligned (see post #2) at bottom edge. The design "book ends" are a bit of a mystery, and could possibly be a design unique to a distributor.
    The personalised engraving I can't really comment on. Really need someone familiar with likely script style to comment on whether it's correct for period. That said it is a fairly mundane inscription and I would think a post war interference would try something more sort after. On balance I think it's probably good.

?

This is my first time seeing a bayonet made by Paul Seilheimer.
    I have a TR sword made by him and have a slight interest in his products.

I can't help with the inscriptions or engravings, But will be watching this.

Its a very nice bayonet and I hope this turns out well.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by Anderson View Post
    You are probably aware that Paul Seilheimer was one of the makers that is known to have sourced etching templates from F.W.Holler company. The problem is this is not a F W Holler remembrance design. It is reasonably competently etched, though slightly misaligned (see post #2) at bottom edge. The design "book ends" are a bit of a mystery, and could possibly be a design unique to a distributor.
    The personalised engraving I can't really comment on. Really need someone familiar with likely script style to comment on whether it's correct for period. That said it is a fairly mundane inscription and I would think a post war interference would try something more sort after. On balance I think it's probably good.
    Translation of the script would be reserved for the forum " Snow plow " Andreas HPL2008 ...he is very good with that and hopefully if hes reading this thread...it would be very welcoming to hear from him again.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Translation:
    Schutze Rudolf Schmidt. 1 Panzer abwehr Abteilung 34. 1 Company, Wuppertal, Lie?*tenplatz

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Translation of the script would be reserved for the forum " Snow plow " Andreas HPL2008 ...he is very good with that and hopefully if hes reading this thread...it would be very welcoming to hear from him again.

Regards Larry

I would very much love to hear from him.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    Translation:
    Schutze Rudolf Schmidt. 1 Panzer abwehr Abteilung 34. 1 Company, Wuppertal, Lie?*tenplatz
    I'm another who would like to see an interpretation of the blade from HPL2008. I think that it refers to the district of Lichtenplatz in Wuppertal that is in the administrative district of Düsseldorf (North Rhine-Westphalia) and I'm seeing what looks like a Roman numeral "I" as well as a number "1". In the TR era that area would have been associated with Wehrkrisse VI. Now I know that there was a lot of movement and reorganizations as Germany mobilized. The 1st Panzer Divison in 1935 (Wehrkrisse IX) I believe not having an anti-tank unit. Also not seeing it in the 2nd reorganization, or 3rd reorganization at the end of 1938. Which was later changed with the addition of the 37th Panzerabwehr Battalion for the invasion of Poland. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast