Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Extraseitengewehr K98 / Ausgehversion mit Kingenätzung (Edged Blade)

Article about: Hello Collectors, I'm back after a while. Want to ask you what you think about that Edging of the bayonet. Is it original or post war (the Edging)? Thank you for your opinions and writings a

Default Extraseitengewehr K98 / Ausgehversion mit Kingenätzung (Edged Blade)

Hello Collectors,

I'm back after a while. Want to ask you what you think about that Edging of the bayonet from W.K.C.
    Is it original or post-war (the Edging)? Thank you for your opinions and writings about it.
    Sorry for my english, I'm german.

Greetz Frank & Frohe Weihnachten!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Extraseitengewehr K98 / Ausgehversion mit Kingenätzung (Edged Blade)
    P
    Many

I've never seen this particular remembrance inscription before. The etching design is loosely based on a FW Holler design, and WKC did buy designs from FW Holler, but there are some problems. The detailing is poor, the oak leaf column is blob like, the "book ends" are not symmetrical, the helmet detail poor, (have a look at a genuine Holler), the actual script used in the writing is not typical of the period. All this leads me to believe the etching in not the work of a Solingen master etcher.

Thank you sir for this information. I collect different types of daggers, knives and WW2 artefacts. But sometimes it's really hard to know everything about the items.

?

The WKC bayonet and scabbard are ok, about the etch i dont known as i am not expert on that area. The color of surface looks different on pommel as nickeling and different on blade, is possible the blade was chromed not nickeled?