Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

F.W. Holler Dress Bayonet, Frog and Portepee

Article about: This is being offered to me as an original. The bayonet looks good to me but I am unsure about the frog and the portepee. I thought dress frogs did not have any rivets but looks like patent

Default F.W. Holler Dress Bayonet, Frog and Portepee

This is being offered to me as an original. The bayonet looks good to me but I am unsure about the frog and the portepee. I thought dress frogs did not have any rivets but looks like patent leather. The felt like backing is unusual to me as well. The portepee looks good but I do not have the experience to understand if it even goes with this. It looks all white but is dirty.
    All thoughts and pinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

F.W. Holler Dress Bayonet, Frog and PortepeeF.W. Holler Dress Bayonet, Frog and PortepeeF.W. Holler Dress Bayonet, Frog and PortepeeF.W. Holler Dress Bayonet, Frog and PortepeeF.W. Holler Dress Bayonet, Frog and Portepee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.W. Holler Dress Bayonet, Frog and Portepee
    P
    Many

Those rivets on the grips look a bit deep set, but may be replaced. As for the frog it looks like a Feuerwehr (Fire) type. It may have been fitted post war, but as a private purchase blade, you can't rule out it was bought by original owner. I can't really tell what colours the troddel are, looks like white and faded yellow, can you confirm? It looks authentic.

Nice original bayonet group. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I can't really tell what colours the troddel are, looks like white and faded yellow, can you confirm? It looks authentic.
    It really looks white on white to me. There does not appear to be any sunlight fading as it is very uniform around the knot. It is pretty dirty though.
    John

The tassel and band could be light grey (and if so) and with wreath, stalk and slider white it would indicate 1st Bataillon, 1st Kompanie.

Everything original and very nice.