Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grey ghost ASW 44 k98

Article about: Hello, i cant find the price on the grey ghost? Anyone who can help me please? Best regards Daniel

Default Grey ghost ASW 44 k98

Hello, i cant find the price on the grey ghost? Anyone who can help me please?

Best regards Daniel

Grey ghost ASW 44 k98

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey ghost ASW 44 k98
    P
    Many

Value as much as anyone is willing to pay, but they appear to sell for over $300 now.

Can you please give me a link? I cant find anyone that is up for sale or has been sold... thx!

Might be worth a read:

The Grey Ghost bayonet - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Personally I would hang onto it.

"Value as much as anyone is willing to pay, but they appear to sell for over $300 now. "

And the rest. I've seen one dealer, who I won't name with one listed for more than double that amount. My opinion; silly money, whipped up by dealers and some collectors. Even the name they've given it "grey ghost" is rather silly. Just a phosphate finish, another late production variation. ASW in '44 also made some other bayonets with riveted hand grips rather than screwed. Should those ones be priced higher than screw grip versions? Some uninformed and unwise buyers will always pay over the top prices for something they perceive as being rarer. Actually a lot of rare items are not priced highly at all. But if you happen to own one of these phosphate finish bayonets then lucky for you.

Gotta love a name and a story ...owned by a little old lady from Pasadena..used the bayo only on weekends.

Black funeral gripped 2nd Luftwaffe dagger comes to mind also
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ita called grey ghost since only 3000 were produced with the asw 44 stamp and riveted grip....

?

Im with Anderson and Larry in this one, its "only" a late war bayonet with a very cheap finish, the early pre war ones are way better in quality and price.
    Why buy a story?
    Buy quality instead....but thats just my opinion.
    If you have the cash and its your cup of tea....then buy an expensive story and a little cash lesser quality late war bayonet

Ger

Depending on the collector I think it all depends on what you are looking for. Years ago when I was a beginning gun collector I used to purchase any example that I did not have in my collection just to have it. Then a friend of mine who was an advanced collector (he also collected blades), Charter MAX Member and speaker, took me aside and offered me some advice. That being that while collectors like rarity - you had to balance that with condition and price - with condtion, condition, condition very important when it came time to sell, trade, or upgrade. I took his advice to heart and reworked my own collection, and can’t tell you the number of times somebody has tried to (unsuccessfully) trade a scarce ‘beater’ blade for a nicer original condition example. Which is not say that everything has to be mint condition - because I also value history especially with older period pieces that were used to create various historical events. Attached: A couple of late 1944 Hörsters that were photographed to show some of the rough finishing of that time period which is why I find "interesting" the comments (especially from some dealers) about "late war" dress blades from guys who have probably have never had an actual late war TR period gun/blade/whatever item in their hands. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grey ghost ASW 44 k98  

Beutifull bayonets you got there! I am still wery pleased with my first bayonet, and i am also pleased that i had the luck to get a rare one that are in my opinion of good condition! and i think i got it for a cheap price of roughly 150$ even thoug the scabbard is missmatching!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast