Miro-militaria.com - Top
Display your banner here

Horster Dress Bayonet with Stag grips

Article about: Going off Piste but what are your thoughts on this stag grip dress bayonet please Larry. Looks to be in unissued condition.

Default Horster Dress Bayonet with Stag grips

Going off Piste but what are your thoughts on this stag grip dress bayonet please Larry. Looks to be in unissued condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Horster Dress Bayonet with Stag grips   Horster Dress Bayonet with Stag grips  

Horster Dress Bayonet with Stag grips   Horster Dress Bayonet with Stag grips  

Horster Dress Bayonet with Stag grips  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Horster Dress Bayonet with Stag grips
    P
    Many

?

It is not a Police bayonet but a normal private purchase KS98 dress bayonet from the 3rd Reich period with stag grips. Is the felt insert in the bayonet slot still present?

My biggest concern would be that this assembly was possibly put together post war to increase its sales value. Also not sure the Hörster tag is pre 1945. I do not know how many different tags they used pre 1945. Johnson Reference Books & Militaria

?

Kilian is right, firstly i would proof the handle is magnetic or not as the Hoerster TM is not good visible on the ricasso, and the tag is of Horstator version, which not corespond timely probably with the logo on blade, secondly there is a distributor on the other side stamped which means it was saled by distributor in Magdeburg probably. Thirdly the frog is chocolate brown which is correct for LW but the Extra trodell is Heer NCO also then the combination is not period here.

Thankyou for your responses gents. This would have been my first dagger purchase but I shall steer clear thanks to your valuable knowledge and advice.

I edited the thread title for correct content

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill