Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this K98 Bayonet Authentic?

Article about: Is this K98 Bayonet S/184 G with frog by Jos Corts authentic. looks like it has had some field use with an aged patina but is maker marked.

Default Is this K98 Bayonet Authentic?

Is this K98 Bayonet S/184 G with frog by Jos Corts authentic. looks like it has had some field use with an aged patina but is maker marked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this K98 Bayonet Authentic?   Is this K98 Bayonet Authentic?  

Is this K98 Bayonet Authentic?   Is this K98 Bayonet Authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this K98 Bayonet Authentic?
    P
    Many

?

The bayonet is authentic, but the gap between the gripplates and the crossguard is not normal. I don’t know what caused this poor fit, never seen that before. The one but last picture posted is of a different (Japanese Arisaka) bayonet.

Good eye Killian ...it would be the 2nd to last photo from what I can see has a longer release button and the grip fit is tighter than the previous photos.

Maybe Kuz can explain ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Yes the piece is autentic even a mud or water find,its most real J.Corts Sn, Remscheid production under code S/184 G for 1935, the frog is mostly polish Wz.29 reworked by germans by adding the secure strap, problem is it was broken in front pouch area. Screws are wrong way mounted and is possible the grips are not from this piece were replaced.

I would not be able to really comment these are photos from a dealer, I'm mainly a medal collector so i am a bit out of my depth in this haha

?

I personally wouldnt buy it as the grips have a large gaps, which means the grips even wrongly mounted screws means are not from this piece, second question is the scabbard is same marked and matching?, the condition could be not repaired probably. Frog even interesting has missing front part and the added secure strap was cut out. Question is the price, when low so maybe interesting for a reenactor, but for bayonet collector it would be not probably.

I'd have to agree, it's a bit rough to interest most collectors. Better ones out there.